|Published||December 26, 2022|
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout your 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate, and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, do consider joining us!
Visa Consulting & Analytics - Data Science
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) applies deep expertise in the credit card industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. We drive tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as analytics, credit card product development, risk management, marketing, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments, among others, and solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
Our data scientists are experts in statistics, advanced analytics and machine learning with exclusive access to insights from VisaNet, one of the largest payment networks in the world. The combination of our deep payments expertise and our breadth of data allows us to identify actionable insights, recommendations, and solutions that drive better business decisions and outcomes for clients.
As part of the VCA - Data Science team, you will get to:
- Work on exciting data science engagements for clients, apply industry leading tools and techniques to solve business problems using data
- Understand and analyze Visa data, our 'secret sauce' to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- Contribute ideas, opinions, and new information together with the wider team of experienced data scientists and consultants, perform complex analyses, and provide actionable recommendations
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g. Product, Marketing, Innovation) to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa's resources to deliver as One Visa
- Conduct industry research, drawing on Visa and partner resources to identify global trends and distill insights relevant to the client problem at hand
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Penultimate year undergraduate/postgraduate students who are available to work full-time for 12 weeks between May 2023 and August 2023
- Legal authorization to work in China - Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position
- Pursuing a degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in using data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark etc.
- Experience with understanding and analyzing data using programming languages such as Python, Scala, Spark, Java etc.
- Strong Chinese and English verbal and written communication skills, able to develop well-structured communications and deliver presentations to audiences
- Able to comprehend technical topics and present them to non-technical users
- Research and analytical skills, able to collect and interpret data to solve problems and execute solutions
- Self-motivated with a keen appetite for learning
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in China are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.