|Published||April 7, 2023|
|Location||Las Vegas, United States of America|
About The Company
Sleeper is building the leading platform to connect friends over sports. Our mission is to create a digital playground for sports fans (casuals and diehards) and their friends to hang out – on Sleeper, you can check scores, play games, chat, send memes to each other, and more!
Our flagship product, fantasy football leagues, is used by over 5 million people internationally, and we’re constantly adding new games, social features, and functionality to our platform.
About The Design And Research Team
Job Location: Portland, Oregon (Remote)
We’re an agile group of designers/ researchers passionate about building high-quality, intuitive experiences, but we’re also a tight-knit group that likes to have fun.
- We are willing to pick up any sports or try out new computer games together, for the purpose of “research”
- We can see design everywhere and every day – we have annual design trend research trips and the last ones were in Las Vegas and New York City
- We work hard and play hard – we believe creating the next-gen product requires an all-star team of friends
You’ll hit the ground running
- Be the first cohort building out out the research function at Sleeper!
- Partner closely with designers, engineers, and data to spearhead research initiatives
- Develop and execute research plans employing a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies (generative studies, evaluative research, usability tests, surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.)
- Navigate and analyze data to uncover actionable insights that can drive design decisions and product strategy
- Dive deep into personas and understanding the needs and wants of our users – help the company uncover insights and be a voice for the user within the product team
- Communicate research findings to other researchers, product stakeholders, design, and data analysts
We’re Scouting For Team Players Who…
- Have academic, internship, or full-time experience in the areas of User Research and/ or a related field such as Product Design, Data Analytics, Product Management, etc
- Have a toolkit and strong understanding of when and how to use a breadth of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to find answers to research questions
- Understand the fundamentals of statistics and experimentation
- Is naturally curious, self-driven, and also has strong collaboration skills
Extra points if you…
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field such as Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Information Science, Statistics, or Data Science, or are pursuing such a degree with anticipated graduation in or before 2023
- Have experience with quantitative analytics tools, database management, or dashboards (e.g. SQL, amplitude)
- Have experience with research tools for remote testing and/ or surveys
Benefits & Perks
- The position is a full-time, 12-week internship
- Completion of the internship program will fast-track the candidate into consideration for a full-time UX Researcher position
- Regular virtual game-time with the team with company-sponsored snacks
- Company-sponsored fantasy leagues with real prizes (depending on seasonality)
Sleeper believes in quality over quantity, and intentionally keeps our team small as a result. In past roles, our team members found it very hard to make a big impact when companies grow too large in size, which has a detrimental effect on the product and the impact any single individual can have. Our team includes designers, engineers, product experts, and finance & operation focused on one thing — connecting people over sports. We believe in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role.
For this role in those locations, a reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for new hires is $ 18 USD to $28 USD per hour. Required work hours: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, No overtime work allows, and the Internship will be a 12-week program.
Please note that The compensation range for this role takes into account a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The policy of Sleeper is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity. Sleeper is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headquartered in Las Vegas, NV, Sleeper is backed by Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Expa.
To learn more, visit us online at: www.sleeper.com