Trainee Program/Internship – Research
|Published||January 17, 2023|
Milestone Systems are looking for talented students!
Are you eager to join the global industry leader in video management software and an international company in rapid growth?
Are you an enthusiastic developer, results-oriented student wishing to acquire experience in a rapidly growing sector?
We are looking for a highly motivated student/graduate wanting to start building his Software Engineering/Researcher career with a hands-on experience as a part of highly skilled dynamic team and a flexible working schedule.
Qualifications and educational preferences
- Knowledge of machine learning is required.
- You are about to define the topic of your master’s thesis.
- Programming languages, like Python, C++, C#.
- Interested in computer vision.
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude.
- Good analytical problem-solving skills, detailed oriented.
- Good written and spoken English.
- You are passionate about technology and want to learn more about a product that is a key player in its field, and it is shaping the future of its industry.
- You are willing to work in a dynamic environment where experimentation and learning is required as part of building and developing a product.
- You are a team player who values integrity and honesty in communication.
- You are someone that likes having fun at work and has well trained sense of humour.
You will be joining Milestone Research, which is mainly located in Copenhagen, Denmark, but you will get a spot in our office in Barcelona, Spain, and will sit with our colleagues in Software Development. Milestone Research conducts research on various computer vision and machine learning topics, to among others, improve performance of XProtect™ - the most widely deployed Video Management System in the world, for example, for adaptability for the latest advances in AI.
You will work on either XAI for video analytics applied to surveillance settings or anomaly detection in healthcare. You will have the option to work on master’s thesis with Professor Sergio Escalera at UB that is aligned with the work you will do during your internship in Milestone.
If you need more information, please feel free to reach out to Kamal Nasrollahi at email@example.com who is heading Fundamental Research in Milestone.
You will be part of a multi-cultural team within a multinational company with strong Nordic values counting three software development centres across Europe (Copenhagen, Sofia, and Barcelona), plus several other offices around the world.
Besides work experience and knowledge gain, you will make new friendships across borders, build up your network, and benefit your future career.