|Published||December 1, 2022|
|Location||Oakland, United States of America|
Job DescriptionWho We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Science intern, you will be conducting research and building products that have a positive impact on hundreds of millions of listeners of SiriusXM and Pandora. You will join a team of applied research scientists with diverse expertise in machine learning, recommendation systems, natural language understanding, music information retrieval, statistics, and other related areas.
What you’ll d
- Research and develop machine learning systems in your area of expertise in collaboration with your mentor
- Design and analyze experiments to validate scientific hypotheses
- Present your findings to appropriate audiences
- Perform other duties as required.
What you’ll need:
- Internship is open to current students enrolled in an MS/PhD degree (those graduating by May 2024 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Majors in computer science, machine learning, statistics or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Expertise in one of the following areas: Recommendation Systems, NLP/NLU, Music Information Retrieval, Deep Learning, Statistics, and other related areas
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Publications at machine learning conferences/journals.
- Proficiency with Python, Java, or Scala.
- Familiarity with common machine learning libraries (e.g., sk-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience with SQL (or proprietary equivalent).
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.