|Published||January 18, 2023|
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many fields, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for Data Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify, with a focus on internal productivity. You will analyze internal networks within the Spotify organization to better understand how people at Spotify communicate and collaborate with each other.
What you'll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team focusing on understanding and enabling developers’ productivity.
- Collaborate with other data scientists, engineers, product managers, designers and user researchers to tackle exciting and challenging problems.
- Be a member of the Spotify-wide data-science community.
- Perform analyses on internal datasets to extract practical insights that will help drive decisions across the business.
- Build dashboards and recurring reporting results, empowering creative growth and business. decisions.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key collaborators.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or bootcamp certification in Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or a similar quantitative subject areaYou have a graduation date of 2023 or 2024.
- You currently have valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2023.
- You harbor a passion for numbers and the use of data to make decisions.
- You have the technical competence to perform more analytics in one or more of the following areas:
- Coding skills (such as Python or R).
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, SQL, or Tableau).
- Experience performing data analysis.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is February 7th, 2023 at 10 AM CET.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.