|Published||October 8, 2023|
|Location||Johns Creek, United States of America|
- Develop an understanding software development process per Alcon SOPs, used for medical device development. Gain more in-depth knowledge of the rigor required for equipment and software development.
- Participate in product development lifecycle, including requirements refinement, risk evaluations, testing, software development, troubleshooting, and project tracking.
- Collaborate with various teams to understand diverse roles involved in product development.
- Turn classroom training to re-life solutions, expanding knowledge and capabilities specific to medical device instrumentation.
Medical Digital Solutions (MDS) – Fort Worth, TX / Lake Forest, CA
- Algorithm development and deployment, code writing and documentation, navigating/managing cloud environment.
- Create effective data management & storage techniques that allows for faster & easier access to data. Collate and pre-process multiple independent data sources to enable many different AI prediction models to be quickly created, tested, and validated. Determine & recommend which machine learning prediction models & digital solution approaches should be pursued further following the completion of the internship.
- Analyze video data to understand critical factors that influence annotation. Perform literature search and review novel approaches to support algorithm development. Organize clinical data to enable comprehensive investigation.
- Develop computer vision and deep learning algorithms using clinical videos. Develop deep learning algorithms to align patient eye images. Develop bench setup to test algorithms using model eye data. Implement deep learning algorithm. Present and communicate results to scientific and non-scientific audience.
- Develop and integrate product security processes, technologies/tools, control implementation into Alcon products and digital solutions.
R&D Clinical Applications – Fort Worth, TX
- Learn and understand next generation system data output. Develop tools to collect and analyze the system’s data. Collect the clinical parameters of surgeries and visualization. Collect the parameters of interest for the bench studies intended to generate medical evidence. Compare the collected data from the systems with clinical parameters from the project leads and R&D staff and document the differences.
- Reviewing clinical study reports, developing an understanding of the endpoints, putting together research plan/analysis plan to look into the relationship between different variables, collating and summarizing findings and drafting summary reports. Project management and process improvement.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university or college for at least one semester prior to internship or co-op, and at least one additional semester following internship or co-op.
- Must be pursuing at least a Bachelors level degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science / Engineering, Software, Information Technology, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Vision Science, Computational Data Analytics, Cybersecurity, Information Security and Systems Engineering or related major.
- Academic performance: Minimum cumulative GPA 2.8/4.0.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects).
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT may be accommodated).
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week, full time (40 hours per week) summer internship.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.