|Published||April 25, 2023|
|Location||Boston, United States of America|
You will drive project level impact to make our autonomous vehicles operate at superhuman capabilities for comfortable, safe driving. On a daily basis, you will:
- Work with our ML modeling teams who are responsible for developing and deploying image, lidar and radar based perception for our self driving vehicles
- Research and develop neural networks for perception and prediction problems such as object detection, instance segmentation, classification, sensor fusion, traffic light detection, etc.
- Develop clean software for the perception modules that sit at the core of our autonomous vehicle perception and interface with all other key modules such localization, mapping, and planning
- Develop core deep learning codebase for efficient training and testing pipelines
- Conduct deep learning experiments, write reports, and file patents
What we're looking for:
- Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related field; or equivalent industry experience
- In-depth understanding of common Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms
- Experience designing, training, and analyzing neural networks for at least one of the following applications: object detection, semantic/instance segmentation, visual classification, motion/gesture recognition, sensor fusion, multitask learning, motion prediction, and/or multi-object tracking
- Strong track record of tackling less well-defined problems, and executing efficiently to deliver the successful outcome
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods
- Fluency in Python, including standard scientific computing libraries and Python bindings development experience
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Experience working with large data sets and deriving insights from data
- Experience mentoring and collaborating with others
- Proven track record of publications in relevant conferences (CVPR, ICML, NeurIPS, ICCV, ICL, etc.)
- PhD in machine learning, computer vision, or robotics vision
- Experience working on autonomous vehicles, or related fields
- Experience in deploying models into real-world environments
- Strong programming skills in C++ and/or CUDA programming
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.