|Published||March 10, 2023|
|Location||Austin, United States of America|
WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Job Title: Summer 2023 Data Engineer Co-op/Intern
JOB LOCATION: Austin, Texas
ONSITE: This is an onsite position – the intern/co-op is required to relocate if necessary and work full-time (40 hours) from the location office.
PROGRAM TERM: Summer 2023 (May 22 or June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As a Co-op/Intern you can get hands-on experience and make an immediate contribution to AMD's next generation of technology innovations. You will have unique opportunities to develop your career, connect with AMD leaders, receive one-on-one mentorship, attend amazing networking events, and much more.
The Data Architecture team is responsible for advanced data pipelines, high-availability software architectures, and improving operations through integration and automation. We work with several groups across AMD and are key to driving yield and performance distributions.
The purpose of this position is to support the Data Science team. Your contributions will span many areas, including service and application development, container management, and cloud infrastructure to deliver various high-performance data analytics and processing applications to multiple teams of engineers and scientists. As a key team member, you will have significant deliverables to help us achieve our overall product goals.
Get a jumpstart on an exciting career – apply today!
- Developing proofs of concept and prototypes for new technologies and algorithms.
- Assisting software architects in analyzing and debugging critical application infrastructure.
- Participating on cross-functional teams, working closely with product engineering.
- Helping resolve production-related issues.
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Software development (including design, implementation, testing, and change management)
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART:
- Data engineering
- Data processing and Machine Learning Experience
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud Services like Azure and AKS
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently pursuing BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Willingness to learn about the manufacturing process
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Drive to succeed - we expect our team members to engage with a passion!
- Compensation Range from $35.00-$48.00 hourly - commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare coverage, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Relocation stipend
- Education assistance for required Co-op/Intern course
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.