|Published||March 7, 2023|
|Location||San Jose, United States of America|
WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
ONSITE: This role requires the student to work from the San Jose office throughout the duration of the Co-op/Intern term. First time Co-ops/Interns should work full-time and onsite.
Summer: Start Date May or June – August or September 2023
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic Intern/Co-Op to join our AI Technical Marketing team. You will be part of a growing team that develops and provides AI inference solutions for AMD products.
Throughout the summer you will have an opportunity to learn and work with the experts in AI inference. You will develop an in-depth understanding of AMD's Vitis AI solution, and the development workflows that companies use to deploy machine learning inference in production. You will work with the team to identify avenues to improve developer productivity and product quality and enhance the user experience. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and contribute to projects that directly impact user experiences with AMD’s products.
The selected candidate will:
- Engage with AMD's AI Technical Marketing team to develop an end-to-end workflow tutorials, intended to enable developers leveraging AMD's Vitis AI Integrated Development Environment
- Research and assess relevant competitive solutions with the goal of ensuring that Vitis AI tutorials and collaterals exceed industry standards
- Review, update, and make recommendations to update, key Vitis AI collateral
- Partipate in customer meetings in which the focal point of discussions will be the application of, and value proposition for, AMD AI inference tools and solutions
- Experience with Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Git, C/C++
- Experience working with TensorFlow, PyTorch or similar frameworks
- Experience working in a Linux development environment
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART:
- Knowledge of / course work in Embedded Systems, Programming, AI & Machine Learning
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3rd year Junior pursing a Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related equivalent degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Benefits compensation range $32.00-$45.00 hourly commensurate with experience
- Healthcare coverage, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Relocation stipend
- Education assistance for required Co-op/Intern course
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.