|Published||February 24, 2023|
|Location||San Jose, United States of America|
WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
Summer 2023 AI/ML Software Engineer Intern
As a Co-op/Intern you can get hands-on experience and make an immediate contribution to AMD's next generation of technology innovations. You will have unique opportunities to develop your career, connect with AMD leaders, receive one-on-one mentorship, attend amazing networking events, and much more.
San Jose, CA
HYBRID: This is a hybrid role (remote & in-office) – intern/co-op is required to work from the San Jose office approximately 3 days a week.
Summer 2023-expected duration May/June to August/September
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- In this role you'll be participating in some of the latest software developments in AI/ML involved training and inference frameworks, compilers, AI accelerator architectures, and applications.
- You will work with a senior software engineer to understand how software written can target AI hardware acceleration.
- At the conclusion of your internship you will present your work and build connections to AMD technology leaders.
- A typical day includes working in open source AI/ML software, developing a new feature or testing new ideas and analyzing performance
- Requires intermediate level experience in Python, C/C++
- Basic understanding of AI/ML frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Helpful to have experience with numpy, scikit, TVM, MLIR
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- The preferred candidate will be be guided in a direction of focus and independently research and develop plans for a feature or experiment in AI acceleration
- Currently, pursing a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Compensation Range from $32.00-$45.00 hourly - commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare coverage, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Relocation stipend
- Education assistance for required Co-op/Intern course
At AMD, your base pay is one part of your total rewards package. Your base pay will depend on where your skills, qualifications, experience, and location fit into the hiring range for the position. You may be eligible for incentives based upon your role such as either an annual bonus or sales incentive. Many AMD employees have the opportunity to own shares of AMD stock, as well as a discount when purchasing AMD stock if voluntarily participating in AMD’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also be eligible for competitive benefits described in more detail here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.