|Published||April 9, 2023|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
This job helps with the drug discovery for schizophrenia by analyzing the MRI data with programming methods. The main responsibility of the position is conducting T1-weighted MRI data processing and analysis using a numerical method and deep learning. It also involves conducting literature reviews, attending project meetings, area seminars, and other meetings as necessary.
- Conducts T1-weighted MRI data processing and analysis using a numerical method and deep learning.
- Conducts literature reviews.
- Attends project meetings, area seminars, and other meetings as necessary.
- Summarizes project results and preparing materials for academic paper writing.
- Prepares progress reports for the PI and funding agency.
- Performs related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- Bachelor's degree
- Completion of the BMEN E4460 Deep Learning in Biomedical Imaging course with a high grade
- Must successfully complete all online systems training requirements
- Prior experience with or contribution to open-source software projects, particularly in the scientific software domain.
- Prior experience with large-scale neurological disease data analysis.
- Image assessment for QA activities related to common MRI-based hardware or software errors.
- Excellent communications skills in oral and written English, must be able to write at an advanced scientific level. Knowledge of foreign languages is helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical, and proposal communication and presentation skills, including fluent English, and advanced MS Office Suite proficiency.
- Proven strength in troubleshooting skills with customer-centric and scientific thinking and teaching skills required.
- Demonstrated capability for independent work and creative problem-solving.
- Organizational and collaborative skills, particularly the ability to work in an environment with colleagues who are highly diverse in technical background, level of training, and interaction styles.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Commitment to Diversity
Columbia University is dedicated to increasing diversity in its workforce, its student body, and its educational programs. Achieving continued academic excellence and creating a vibrant university community require nothing less. In fulfilling its mission to advance diversity at the University, Columbia seeks to hire, retain, and promote exceptionally talented individuals from diverse backgrounds.