|Published||April 22, 2023|
|Location||Fairfield, United States of America|
Start your journey with us!
The Cincinnati Insurance Companies' Planning Analytics and Risk Management department has an open intern position in data science and innovation for the summer of 2023. This position will be based in our corporate headquarter in Fairfield, Ohio. This intern will work in the innovation analytics team with a focus on machine learning and modeling preparation.
Learn more about our company by:
- participating in an introductory insurance class
- hearing from different departments to understand our corporate structure
- interacting with leadership and experienced associates
- participating in group and individual projects
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine raw data and manually create labels for machine learning model training and validation
- Build computer vision models using deep learning techniques
- Run analyses, distill business insights, and create reports
- Utilize analytics thinking and skills to identify possible solutions for business challenge
Make a Difference with a Career in Insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we’re looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you’re ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
To succeed in this role, we expect you to be/have:
- Knowledge in computer vision, object detection, and segmentation
- Experience in developing image interactive annotation software
- Patient, detail-oriented, and conscientious - this position requires labeling a large volume of data
- Curious about data and business impact
- Strong problem-solving skills and a forward-looking mindset
- Good collaboration and excellent communication skills
- enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college/university (graduate students preferred)
- major in a quantitative field such as math, physics, computer science, or economics
- collegiate transcripts required with submission of candidate profile (unofficial are acceptable)
- related coursework in computer vision and deep learning
- in good academic standing (cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher preferred)
- must be able to work up to 35 hours per week; Hybrid schedule
- proficient in Microsoft® Office tools and related software
Starting Range of Pay, Depending on Knowledge and Skills: $18.00 per hour
Enhance your Talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you’re new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.