|Published||October 30, 2022|
|Location||Kent County, United States of America|
In our commercial organisation we want to invest in the power of data, and that's why we have created our Pricing and Analytics dream team composed by: data scientist, data analysts, data engineers, project managers, business analysts, digital analysts… and a long list of highly skilled professionals that work together bringing insights from data to help the organisation thrive faster and better.
Do you want to have a direct impact on our company’s growth and revenue? Don’t miss this opportunity to join our diverse and dynamic team and shape HP’s future.
- Leads organization wide team or teams of other data science professionals in complex projects to mine data using modern tools and programming languages.
- Defines and implements models to uncover patterns and predictions creating business value and innovation.
- Manages and creates relationships with business partners to evaluate and foster data driven innovation, provide domain-specific expertise in cross-organization projects/initiatives.
- Communicating business value and innovation potential through effective insights/visualizations.
- Represents the business at data science events, forums, boards.
- Prepares and presents literature, presentations, invention disclosures for peer review & publication in industry data science domain initiatives and conferences.
- Assures insights are communicated regularly and effectively, reviewing designs, models and accuracy and data compliance.
- Defines, communicates and drives data insights/innovation into the business.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and overall data systems leadership to influence decisions of executive business leadership, development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience using statistics, mathematics, algorithms and programming languages to solve big data challenges.
- Demonstrated innovation in the domain
- Fluent in structured and unstructured data, its management, and modern data transformation methodologies.
- Ability to define and create complex models to pull valuable insights, predictions and innovation from data.
- Effectively and creatively tell stories and create visualizations to describe and communicate data insights.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate data product architectures and/or algorithm design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels, BU and executive levels.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists and project team.
- Typically interacts with high- level Individual Contributors, Managers, Directors and Program Core Teams.
- Leads multiple projects requiring data engineering solutions development.
- Drives design innovation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's, Master's or PHD degree in Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years’ experience including graduate or postgraduate research.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world
- Diverse and continued growth and career opportunities. Access to HP’s learning platform and LinkedIn Learning
- An attractive benefit package
- Women, Pride, Young employees, Multicultural and DisAbility, just a few of our fantastic global business networks
- We also dedicate time and resources to contribute with our community through Corporate Volunteering activities
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Benefits found in job post
- Disability insurance