|Published||February 12, 2023|
|Location||Wilmington, United States of America|
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you to take your software engineering career to the next level.
As a Software Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase, you serve as a seasoned member of an agile team to design and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. You are responsible for carrying out critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
This resource will join Global Real Estate Technology, focused on developing new innovative private and public cloud platforms that integrate with new Smart Building technologies to enable internal data analytics and end-user experience journeys. This position entails not only hands-on software development but also be responsible for providing application owner and technology engagement support for Internet of Things technology vendor-supplied applications. The candidate will be responsible for systems design and technology development, partnering with the business to complete process reviews and data analysis and ensuring compliance markers are met for the Application Ownership responsibilities. The candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high level of complexity within their span of control, be able to deal with and work through ambiguity, be flexible enough to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with and leading in a fast-paced, priority-driven environment.
- Executes software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Primary hands-on development of new platforms in a cloud-based environment
- Creates secure and high-quality production code and maintains algorithms that run synchronously with appropriate systems
- Produces architecture and design artifacts for complex applications while being accountable for ensuring design constraints are met by software code development
- Gathers, analyzes, synthesizes, and develops visualizations and reporting from large, diverse data sets in service of continuous improvement of software applications and systems
- Maintaining knowledge of industry-wide technology trends, best practices, and regulatory controls impacting IoT
- Responsible for detailed documentation on the application in the IoT portfolio and maintenance of Application Knowledge Support Artifacts, etc.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 3+ years applied experience
- Proficient in coding in one or more languages
- Demonstrated knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- Development and Deployment on AWS VPC, Subnet, SG, Lambda, EC2, RDS, Route, Content Delivery, KMS, and S3.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, LEAN, etc
- Experience in management of Minimal Viable Products (MVP), issues, risks, and dependencies
- Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Git/Stash, etc
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Familiarity with smart building technologies/Internet of Things
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans