|Published||November 2, 2022|
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth… You should definitely keep reading.
We’re Looking For An: SEO Data Scientist Intern to help establish connections between, and draw insights from, the various data sources used by the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team. S/he will have the opportunity to gain insight and experience within our cutting-edge, data-driven SEO department. They will support the team by tracking search engine rankings and traffic and by automating data collection and data analysis whenever possible. Ultimately, s/he will learn to identify business opportunities based on large-scale datasets.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Hybrid)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create reports by merging data sources (e.g., Tableau, BigQuery, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs)
- Analyze datasets (e.g., log files, backlinks) in order to identify patterns and outliers
- Respond to data requests from inside and outside the department
- Research opportunities to automate data collection and data analysis
- Estimate business potential of higher Google rankings for specific keyword configurations
- Analyze site content through Google NLP tools to highlight opportunities to improve
- Attend team meetings to obtain a holistic picture on how the team operates daily.
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner and ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Familiar with Python
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel / Google Sheets: pivot tables and advanced formulas
- 1-2 years' experience in Search Engine Marketing and/or Search Engine Optimization
- Working towards a Bachelors Degree or higher
The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never ask candidates to download an app to conduct interviews. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at email@example.com to verify its validity.
Our Hiring Practices: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require extra accommodations during the interview process, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just So You Know: The preceding job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.