|Published||August 23, 2023|
|Location||New York, United States of America|
Who we are at Osmo:
Osmo is a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It’s time we solve this. We’re bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.
We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own. In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use). We're a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Cambridge, MA and New York, NY.
Osmo is hiring a Sensor Machine Learning Engineer, to work at the interface of ML and instrumentation that senses the chemical world to help Osmo translate that signal into smell.
What you will be doing:
- Improve the performance (speed/accuracy) of our ML platform that spans on a wide range of molecular chemistry problem, especially concerning olfaction.
- Work with noisy sensors to predict the the chemical makeup of samples
- Simulation of the sensor data using existing libraries
- Work closely with Analytical Chemists to leverage their expertise to improve the models and tune the machines to maximize model performance.
- Dive deeply into various datasets, understand their characteristic and derive meaningful train and test data for real-world machine learning models and their deployment.
- Develop innovative model architectures and creative data featurizations to take advantage of available data and unlock new ML capabilities.
- Work closely with software engineers and product managers to strengthen the operating system for scent with our ML platform.
- A source of inspirations for everyone in the company.
What we need to see:
- A strong software engineer who produce high quality code and take pride in their work.
- Experience working with sensor data and Computer Vision.
- Comfortable with linear algebra and statistics.
- Experienced in applying machine learning techniques to real-world problems with frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Interested in learning about molecular chemistry and the biology of olfaction.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience working directly with GCMS and other Analytical Chemistry Instruments.
- Experiences in Bayesian experimental design.
- Work or educational background in chemistry or olfaction.
- Familiar with cloud tooling for machine learning at scale.
Expected Salary Range: $160,000 - $200,000
Who you are:
- You're Curious, Kind, Clear and Get Stuff Done. You have a first-class mind, and you want to stretch it.
- You want to work on a nearly impossible goal that serves a deep human need, drawing on a wide diversity of knowledge and skill to achieve it. Where there's a gap, we explore it from first-principles and arrive at pragmatic solutions.
- You want to work with curious, kind, results-oriented teammates on this adventure into the unknown.
At Osmo, we believe in the simple maxim, “be kind, get stuff done.” If this role inspires you we’d encourage you to apply. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining an incredible team optimized for a diversity of thought, background, and approaches. All employment decisions and responsibilities are determined based on current ability and your ability to grow, without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.