|Published||March 3, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new. From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
- Explore, evaluate and capitalize on risks and opportunities related to Internet Service Provider infrastructure technologies.
- Actively participate in the development of engineering roadmaps bringing together network technology evolution, network economics, network performance, and business and customer critical metrics
- Translate network designs (HLDs, LLDs etc) into code (software models) and capacity management process tapping into your expertise in networks and your understanding of business challenges.
- Develop software-based network traffic forecasts, capacity and cost models.
- Develop and support the ingestion, processing and analysis of data (pipelines) for modelling, reporting, visualization and business intelligence purposes.
- Develop automation scripts to enable systems integration and process improvement.
- Carry on analysis answering key business questions by applying an analytical mind-set. Quickly and efficiently process information from various sources. Work with stakeholders to interpret sophisticated technical analysis and communicate them effectively.
What you'll bring
- Solid grasp of telecommunication networks. Genuine curiosity about Broadband (ISP) technology including IP networks. Keep on top of technology developments in the industry.
- Strong programming skills (ideally in Python). SQL knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills and a consultative, proactive and join-the-dots approach.
- Telecommunications experience (industry or academia).
- Knowledge of data analytics, modelling and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of web frameworks and APIs, Cloud environments (Google Cloud), DevOps (Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD) and Agile principles.
Group Communications & Infrastructure
Looking to be part of non-stop innovation? Join our Group Communications and Infrastructure team and you’ll work alongside authorities in broadband, telephony, mobile, cloud and infrastructure. We’re the team that crafts, builds, supports and maintains the telecoms networks across the whole Sky Group. Together, we help Sky broadband, mobile and TV enter new markets by creating a single and secure infrastructure for the outstanding content and services that keep our customers coming back for more.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
- The magic of Sky Glass at an outstanding rate
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
Recognised by The Times and Stonewall, we take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion. Investing in society, fighting racial injustice and setting ambitious targets for representation at Sky.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Brick Lane is in the heart of the East End of London. It's part of a vibrant and diverse community; close to street food, cafes and shops. The closest tube station is Aldgate East and Liverpool Street is about a 10 minute walk.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky. It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences. We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.