|Published||December 17, 2022|
|Location||Boston, United States of America|
Overjet is on a mission to improve oral health for all.
Our cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology encodes dentist-level training and analysis into scalable software tools. Today, our flagship products are used by some of the country’s largest insurance companies, dental support organizations, and dental practices to enable the best patient care.
We’re building an ambitious team of data scientists, software engineers, clinicians, and business thinkers and doers.
Overjet is backed by an amazing consortium of Venture Capital including General Catalyst, Insight Partners, Crosslink Capital and the E14 Fund. The company has raised nearly $80 million in capital to accelerate talent acquisition and product development driven by strong demand for Overjet’s dental AI.
As a Senior ML Scientist, you will successfully blending novel and SOTA techniques to solve our customer clinical problems. You will create AI innovations that uniquely target problems in the dental space, and work to rearchitect our current ML pipeline to become more scalable, reduce models and cost.
- Design novel architectures and techniques to solidify Overjet’s position as the market leading Dental AI vendor.
- Demonstrate AI thought leadership via publications in reputable AI and Dental publications and talks at leading conferences.
- Propose annotation strategies designed for optimal model performance.
- Lead and mentor junior machine learning engineers and raise the ML bar across Overjet.
- Work cross-functionally across diverse stakeholders, including product managers, TPMs, customer success, engineering and clinicians.
- 6+ years of commercial experience working on machine learning projects
- Expertise working with SOTA (ViT, CNN, FCN etc.) and novel DL architectures in Computer Vision
- Strong Experience in at least two of the following CV tasks - classification, object detection, semantic segmentation, instance segmentation, panoptic segmentation
- Experience with NLP
- PhD in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar field
- A publication record in leading AI/ML journals (e.g. CVPR, ICML, MICCAI) and/or patent portfolio
- Strong experience in ML lifecycle components - data engineering, labeling, model training, validation and deployment.
- Demonstrable experience with developing models and techniques that have enjoyed industry success
- Passionate about making a lasting positive difference in dental/healthcare.
- Experience with creating FDA approved computer vision based products.
- Experience with medical imaging
- Experience building models with multi-modal input such as images and text
Overjet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Overjet!
- Competitive Compensation and Equity
- Fully Remote Working Policy for US Based Employees
- 401k plans with a matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage: 99% employee premium covered, 75% dependent premium covered
- Life and AD+D Insurance
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Optional HSA with Employer contribution
- 15 Day PTO policies and company paid holidays
- Annual Learning and Development Stipend
- Work from Home Stipend
- 2022 AI-50 Forbes
- 2022 22 Start-ups to Watch in 2022 - Built in Boston
- 2021 AI 100 Ranking, showcasing the 100 most promising private artificial intelligence companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2021 Digital Health 150, highlighting the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world - CB Insights
- 2020 & 2019 Digital Health 150 - CB Insights
Overjet is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply!
If you are a Colorado resident: Please contact us by emailing email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.