Senior Deep Learning Systems Software Engineer – Infrastructure
|Published||December 29, 2022|
|Location||California, United States of America|
NVIDIA is an industry leader with groundbreaking developments in High-Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars.
NVIDIA is seeking senior engineers who are mindful of performance analysis and optimization to help us squeeze every last clock cycle out of all facets of Deep Learning such as training and inferencing, one of today's most important workloads in the world. If you are unafraid to work across all layers of the hardware/software stack from GPU architecture to Deep Learning Framework to achieve peak performance, we want to hear from you! This role offers an opportunity to directly impact the hardware and software roadmap in a fast-growing technology company that leads the AI revolution while helping deep learning users around the globe enjoy ever-higher training speeds.
What you'll be doing:
- Understanding the workloads and applications with the goal of improving the SW and infrastructure efficiency.
- Understand, analyze, profile, and optimize deep learning training workloads on state-of-the-art hardware and software platforms.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers across NVIDIA, providing guidance on improving the performance of workloads.
- Implement production-quality software across NVIDIA's deep learning platform stack.
- Build tools to automate workload analysis, workload optimization, and other critical workflows.
- Understand and solve challenges pertaining to a hybrid platform spanning on premise and CSPs
- Work with engineering teams across all of NVIDIA to ensure your software integrates seamlessly up and down the stack
What we need to see:
- PhD in CS, EE or CSEE or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of job experience
- Strong background in deep learning and neural networks, in particular training.
- Experience with Pytorch
- Experience with application profiling tools such as NVIDIA NSight, Intel VTune etc.
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, and familiarity with the fundamentals of GPU architecture. Experience with NVIDIA's Infrastructure and software stacks.
- Proven experience analyzing, modeling and tuning DL application performance.
- Programming skills in C++ and Python
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Strong fundamentals in algorithms.
- Proven experience with processor and system-level performance modeling.
- GPU programming experience (CUDA or OpenCL) is a strong plus but not required.
- Understanding of NVIDIA's server and software ecosystem
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide the compensation range and benefits offered for this position if performed in Colorado. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $126,000.00 - 173,250.00 USD.
NVIDIA also offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide health care coverage, dental and vision, 401(K), including company matching and after tax contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave, vacation leave, professional time off, life and disability protection. Employees in eligible sales and positions may also be eligible for commission.
Base pay is based on market location and may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, and other job-related reasons.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.