|Published||December 28, 2022|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
We are looking for a Senior Deep Learning Scientist for our Autonomous Vehicles team to work on Mapping and Localization.
Intelligent machines powered by Artificial Intelligence computers that can learn, reason and interact with people are no longer a science fiction. Today, a self-driving car powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find its way. An AI-powered robot can learn motor skills through trial and error. The era of AI has begun. NVIDIA's GPUs run Deep Learning algorithms, simulating human intelligence, and acts as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Just as human imagination and intelligence are linked, computer graphics and AI come together in our architecture. This may explain why.
NVIDIA GPUs are used broadly for Deep Learning, and NVIDIA is increasingly known as “the AI company”. Make your choice to join us today. We are training Deep Neural Networks for NVIDIA's Autonomous Vehicles effort, with the goal to enable autonomous driving as well as mapping. We are seeking Deep Learning/Machine Learning scientists & engineers who are passionate about solving problems in perception, prediction, planning and control for self-driving cars to achieve full autonomy. Are you interested in inventing human level AI for navigation in the unconstrained world under any conditions? If so, join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Stay up to date with the latest research and innovations in deep learning, implement and experiment with new ideas to improve NVIDIA's automotive DNNs.
- Training state-of-the-art Deep Neural Networks for Mapping & Localization stack in AV
- Taking DNNs and algorithms from initial evaluation and experimentation all the way to shipping
- Integrating DL algorithms into production C++ code.
- Defining and collecting training datasets
- Working with a variety of sensors: cameras, LIDAR, radar, GPS, odometry.
- Building training pipelines and real-time inference run-times (PyTorch, TensorFlow, TensorRT, Python, C++).
- Performing in-vehicle tests, collecting data and completing autonomous drive missions.
- Mentoring junior DL Scientists.
What we need to see:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Robotics, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years related industry and academic experience
- Passionate about Artificial Intelligence for robotics and autonomous navigation
- Strive to learn new things and like solving hard problems
- Strong math knowledge
- Strong experience in Deep Learning / Machine Learning. You have a background in Computer vision and/or Planning/Control.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in C++ and/or Python.
- Good communication and analytical skills. Ability to work with multiple teams in a dynamic environment.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Previous experience building HD maps for autonomous vehicles
- Background in applying Deep Learning to 3D Computer Vision and Autonomous Vehicles problems
- Experience with Unsupervised or Self-supervised Learning
- Involvement with architecture optimization, pruning, curriculum & multi-task training
- Experience fusing data from different sensor modalities (e.g. Images and LIDAR data) to enable information conflation, label propagation, cross training.
- Background in developing real-time LIDAR and/or Computer Vision systems
- Experience with GPGPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL).
We believe that realizing self-driving cars will be a defining contribution of our generation. We have the funding and scale, but we need your help. NVIDIA offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our world-class engineering teams are growing fast. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide the compensation range and benefits offered for this position if performed in Colorado. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $190,800.00 - 262,350.00 USD.
NVIDIA also offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide health care coverage, dental and vision, 401(K), including company matching and after tax contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave, vacation leave, professional time off, life and disability protection. Employees in eligible sales and positions may also be eligible for commission.
Base pay is based on market location and may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, and other job-related reasons.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.