Senior Data Scientist
|Published||March 6, 2023|
|Location||Weybridge, United Kingdom|
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
About The Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist to provide key contribution to a strategic digital programme expected to transform the integrated business planning process in Haleon’s global Supply Chain.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role
- Developing, optimizing and executing data science models in the space of integrated business planning (forecasting, scenario modelling and simulation, quantitative assessment, optimization). Work closely with product owners, data engineers and machine learning engineers to deliver high quality data science solutions for a set of relevant industrial problems.
- Work on a variety of datasets to train and validate machine learning models.
- Define and implement metrics to evaluate the functional performance, and the computational resource efficiency of ML and AI components.
- Support the deployment of ML solutions on the enterprise infrastructure, in line with ML engineering standards and best practices (version control, testing, deployment, maintenance).
- Manage the whole lifecycle DS/ML models, monitoring, gathering data for retraining, and update.
- Potentially leverage external data to boost model performance.
- Perform code reviews and ensure excellent code quality.
People and Team management
- Contribute to a highly collaborative team with a culture of ownership, initiative and responsibility.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to determine business objectives.
- Contribute to the development of our Team’s data science toolbox of reusable DS, ML, and AI assets.
- Motivate, coach, mentor colleagues within the Data Science Team to develop technical excellence.
- Proactive engagement in personal development and development of the direct reports.
Necessary Qualifications & Skills
- MSc or PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, engineering, or another scientific discipline that provides solid foundations on relevant aspects of Data Science.
- 3-5 years of industry experience with developing machine learning models and creating software pipelines for their execution.
- Experience and strong understanding of machine learning algorithms, mathematical modelling and industrial applications of AI.
- Scientific mindset and ability to conceptualize, prototype and implement algorithms to solve complex business problems.
- Professional-level programming experience with (Python, R, SQL)
- Good working knowledge of cloud based and local data science frameworks and environments.
- Experience with time series analysis, modelling and forecasting.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with supply chain modelling and optimization.
- Experience with process mining, process optimization, optimal control, reinforcement learning, multi-objective optimization, deep learning.
- Experience with leading data science projects.
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure tech stack, AzureML, BigQuery and Scala.
- Exposure to Agile.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
We’re striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.