|Published||January 2, 2023|
|Location||Royston, United Kingdom|
Sartorius is a leading partner of the life science and pharmaceutical industries, providing technical solutions from early drug development in laboratory, translation of new scientific discoveries into production at industrial scale. Our passion is to simplify and accelerate progress in life science and bioprocessing, enabling the development of new and better therapies and more affordable medicine. We do this by bringing creative minds together for a common goal: technological breakthroughs that lead to better health for more people.
In this position as an applied machine learning scientist, you will develop novel machine learning approaches to expand the capabilities of Sartorius’ world-leading products. You will have unique access to large-scale, annotated and high-quality biological | chemical datasets across many different data domains in bio-analytics and bio-processing |for example, live-cell imaging, multi-plex cell and protein analysis|.
This position is home based. You will be required to travel regularly for meetings at our site in Royston |near Cambridge| and there will be some international travel.
What you will accomplish together with us
- Designing and leading technical | applied research projects to achieve goals laid out in our Research and Technology Roadmaps
- Evaluating relevant knowledge for business potential and translate into project and existing product | technology areas
- Building prototypes using machine learning tools in areas of computer vision, sequence analysis and omics analysis
- Implementing data science-best practices for developing and deploying high-quality reliable machine learning-solutions
- Working on global projects is relevant technology areas
- Advising project leads and upper management on project development
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external collaborators
What will convince us
- Degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Biotech, Engineering, Physics or related disciplines, preferably with a focus on life science or biotechnology applications. PhD is desirable
- Work experience at the interface between life science and machine learning is desirable
- Strong programming knowledge in Python is required; knowledge of common data science tools such as Numpy, Pandas and Matplotlib, and version control using Git is desirable
- Experience using modern deep learning frameworks (|as PyTorch or Tensorflow| is desirable
- Experience in working with real world data is required, experience working with microscopy images is a plus
- Experience in either machine learning management systems such as Azure ML; machine learning workflow-engines such as MLFlow/Airflow/Metaflow, or data storage, databases; and structure for large data volumes is desirable
- Conceptual and creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working collaboratively with colleagues within a large, matrix-based organisation
In order to commence working with us, the successful candidate will need the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
Our ambition is to simplify progress in life science research and the biopharmaceutical industry to help translate scientific findings into new therapeutics faster and more efficiently. So that more people can obtain access to better medicine. Over 16,000 employees at more than 60 production and sales locations worldwide are committed to this vision. And together, we have grown strongly over the past years. Do you also want to contribute to our vision? Grow with us and benefit from working with a Global Player that has kept its familiar atmosphere:
Opportunity for international career development: A global network offering seminars and training sessions, expert and manager career paths
Open and highly collaborative culture: Mutual support within teams and working as equals, team spirit and international collaboration
Work-life balance: Working from home at many sites
Intelligent working environment: Working in smart buildings with the latest technology and equipment
Ambitious goals: Sartorius plans to double its sales revenue approximately every five years
We look forward to receiving your application.
We look for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams and working as equals. Sartorius thrives as a company with people who give their very best every day and who are eager to develop personally and professionally.
Further insights into our world of work can be found on www.sartorius.com/careers