|Published||May 6, 2023|
|Location||Santa Monica, United States of America|
Employer name: SimplePractice, LLC
Position Title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Santa Monica, CA. Telecommuting Permitted.
- I. Essential Job Functions:
- Perform a variety of data science activities, in addition to managing the relationship of
the data team with the Monarch, ecosystem, and other stakeholders.
- Take ownership and champion data topics, with the flexibility and interpersonal skills to
interact across the business, especially the Monarch product and product ecosystem, and
manage a project/team where required.
- Develop data analytics competences in the team and drive out the analytics capability.
- Analyze complex data sets in depth for discovery purposes, issues, and trends/patterns.
Make independent/educated judgments and recommendations regarding appropriate
- Help define and provide oversight for process and data quality across the data group
- Monitor the daily running of the production data visualization, particularly with respect
to consistency, correctness, and ease of use. Manage data-related interventions through to
- Create and maintain various data products, including delivery via visualization tool
dashboards, reports, ad hoc data analysis, spreadsheets, and graphs.
- Assist in team planning and in the wider team’s Change Management to enable change
projects and business requests.
- III. Special Skills Required:
- Machine learning on large data sets
- Experience with statistical modeling software such as Python, R, MatLap, Pandas, or
- Experience leading team by:
- Leading project team;
- Collaborating with stakeholders;
- Data analysis skills (investigation, modeling, mapping, and gap analysis), including:
- Dimensional modeling;
- Expert data modeling;
- Relational technology;
- One or more database engines;
- Experience developing data visualization dashboards and with tools such as Tableau; and
- Experience in one or more visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, or Periscope).
- Experience in project management.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter by email to
email@example.com with “Senior Data Scientist (CA-3915)” in the subject line. No
telephone calls, please.
SimplePractice, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive benefits program including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match & employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Flexible Time Off (FTO), wellbeing days, paid holidays, and summer Fridays
- Mental health resources
- Paid parental leave & Backup Care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, you are subject to the SimplePractice California Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.