|Published||November 22, 2022|
|Location||Knoxville, United States of America|
Job Details:Job Summary: Develops and programs integrated software algorithms to structure, analyze and leverage data in product and systems applications in both structured and unstructured environments. This position also develops and communicates descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive insights/algorithms and works with state-of-the-art object detection, tracking and machine learning algorithms and implements proposed methods in a real-time system. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work both independently and collaboratively to develop robust computer vision algorithms that will be deployed in existing and new products
- Uses machine language and statistical modeling techniques such as decision trees, logistic regression, Bayesian analysis and others to develop and evaluate algorithms to improve product/system performance, quality, data management and accuracy.
- Uses image processing and computer vision algorithms such as interest point detection, object tracking, feature detection and others to improve real-time detection system performance, quality and accuracy.
- Completes programming and implements efficiencies, performs testing and debugging
- Applies deep learning technologies to give computers the capability to visualize, learn and respond to complex situations
- Take ideas and algorithms from first conception to real-world, real-time implementation and deployment
- Identifies, investigates and resolves technical issues.
- Plans and evaluates architectural design and identifies technical risks and associated ways to mitigate those risks.
- Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment.
- Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results.
- Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements.
- Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings.
- Maintains state-of-the-art awareness in areas of technical expertise - changes, advancements and improvements.
- Applies expertise to all areas of software engineering and development.
- Contribute to the organization’s strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
- Interfaces with team members, other engineering groups, management staff, customers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Mentor junior level roles and assumes additional technical responsibilities, as necessary.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in computer science, electronic engineering or other related technical discipline, plus a minimum of eight years of related experience or equivalent. Masters or PhD preferred. Experience in In-depth fundamental knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms and methods with proven experience, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these various methods. Solid understanding of machine learning and pattern recognition techniques, including mastery of the mathematical underpinnings of these methods. Experience in image processing, computer vision, and machine learning is required. Experience to include software development / engineering, developing state-of-the-art computer software, exercising creativity in technical direction and successful strategy development. Requires proficiency using object-oriented programming languages, particularly C++ and scientific scripting languages, particularly Python. Knowledge of design patterns, other languages and APIs is beneficial. Ability to develop software in Windows and Linux. May require experience with embedded processing. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. Must be able to work in a lab environment and be able to use a computer. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Must be available for domestic and possibly international travel.