|Published||April 13, 2023|
|Location||Des Moines, United States of America|
RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking talent in the field of Robotics, Perception, Vision Processing and Machine Learning to architect, develop and integrate new intelligent features into the next generation of agricultural and off-highway equipment. From this mid-western location, you could work as part of a global team of world-class engineers and researchers that are leading the implementation of autonomous and semi-autonomous technology in their industry.
You will be working with a high-velocity team of multi-disciplined engineers, developers and architects that are developing new applications using state-of-the-art technologies including 3D vision systems, machine learning, sensor fusion technology, FPGA's and GPU's. This is an excellent growth opportunity for anyone interested in these emerging technologies.
- Develop vehicles, systems, and sub-systems to enable autonomous and automated assist methods to improve machine productivity, comfort, and safety.
- Perform independent and team research and development involving architecture, coding, simulation, calibration, validation, for systems that require high levels of reliability.
- Collaborate with diverse team members in a wide range of disciplines including Robotics, Control Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Software Engineering, and Systems Engineering.
- Develop novel algorithms and machine learning schemes for object detection, classification, tracking and prediction using stereo camera, radar, lidar, etc.
- Develop vision and navigation systems that are robust to dynamically changing environmental conditions such as lighting, weather conditions, airborne dust and debris, varying vegetation and crop conditions while operating in previously un-mapped and challenging terrain.
- Develop 3D map reconstruction algorithms using data from cameras, GNSS, and IMU
- Perform sensor and system calibration to validate all systems and algorithms using both simulations and test vehicles.
- Explore and develop new methods for improving and optimizing computational throughput and performance of technologies including CPU, GPU and FPGA.
- Interface with embedded development teams to support overall vehicle architecture.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of specialized robotics software tools.
- Participate in reviews with peers and internal project stakeholders.
- BS/MS with at least 3 years of experience or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering or a related field.
- C++ Experience is required
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with image processing and computer vision technology, especially 3D vision.
- Programming and software design skills to support vision and perception development.
- Experience with vision-based sensors such as LIDAR, radar, and cameras.
- Excellent analytical and program solving skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- We are looking for goal oriented candidates with passion and motivation to continuously learn and overcome obstacles.
- Experience including Qt, Boost, OpenCV.
- Experience with real time embedded Linux.
- Experience using "classical" and Deep Learning approaches to vision and perception.
- Knowledge of GPU and FPGA for image processing and/or machine learning.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Quarterly Bonus System
- Paid Holidays and Time Off (PTO)
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) has provided engineering services to industry leading clients since 1943. Our primary focus is product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, a satellite location in Dubuque, IA, and at numerous client sites throughout the U.S.
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly