Research Scientist, Computer Vision for Visual Localization
|Published||December 22, 2022|
|Location||California, United States of America|
NVIDIA is searching for an outstanding computer vision and deep learning researcher to join the dynamic vision and learning research team. We are passionate about research that pushes boundaries but also has impact in the real world! We are looking for an expert in visual localization with an appetite for research as well as tech transfer. You will work within an outstanding and collaborative research team that consistently publishes at the top venues in computer vision and machine learning. Your contributions have the chance to create real impact on our products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, design and implement novel computer vision and deep learning methods for visual localization.
- Publish original research.
- Collaborate with other team members and teams.
- Mentor interns and PhD students.
- Speak at conferences and events.
- Transfer technology to product groups.
- Collaborate with external researchers.
What we need to see:
- Must hold a Ph.D. in, e.g., Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics.
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of computer vision methods, as well as deep learning, for visual localization, e.g., camera pose estimation.
- Excellent programming skills in some rapid prototyping environment such as Python; C++ and parallel programming (e.g., CUDA) is a plus.
- Knowledge of common machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch.
- Outstanding research track record.
- Very good publication record in visual localization topics, with a minimum of 4 papers as main author published at top venues CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR.
- Good experience in mentoring, having mentored a minimum of 3 Master students or PhD students.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good knowledge of version control systems, e.g., git.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and productive people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you! We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.