|Published||March 2, 2023|
|Location||Oxford, United Kingdom|
Five is a European technology leader in the field of automated driving systems and is joining forces with Bosch, the world’s largest component vendor to the automotive industry, making us together by far Europe’s largest development team for SAE Level 4 automation. Integrating technology and automotive talent in a combined team is the winning formula for building safe, green and accessible autonomous transportation for the world and at Five you’ll have unprecedented access to data, sensors, safety systems and a multitude of other assets needed to build the world’s leading systems.
At Five, we’re creating a platform for autonomous vehicle development and safety assurance. Our platform will empower the industry to build automated driving systems that are safer, smarter, faster and scalable. We're doing this by applying insights learned from solving some of the most challenging problems in this space.
We’re engineers, scientists, developers, and designers. We’re problem-solvers, dreamers, pioneers, innovators, creatives and pragmatists. We’re new hands and accomplished pros. We’re hard-working people, solving far-reaching challenges.
About the Oxford Research Group:
The internship will take place at Five's Oxford Research Group, which conducts and publishes state-of-the-art research in computer vision and machine learning. We focus on techniques that can be applied in an autonomous driving context, such as scene understanding, robustness, calibration and perception. We collaborate with several external groups, maintaining a particularly strong link with Professor Philip Torr and the Torr Vision Group in the University of Oxford.
Example areas of interest include:
- Object detection, segmentation and tracking (in images and in point clouds)
- Uncertainty, calibration, out-of-domain detection, anomaly detection
- Robustness, adversarial attacks, regularisation, representation analysis
- Data mining, dataset analysis, hard example identification
- Domain adaptation, self-supervised learning, few shot learning
- ML for sensor fusion (camera, LIDAR, RADAR, raw data and object detections)
We're looking for both new and experienced researchers interested in collaborating with us. We regularly publish numerous high-quality papers at top tier conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV), and would like you to be involved in the process. Please see the full list of publications here: https://www.five.ai/our-research.
About this Internship:
During the internship, you will focus on one, or a combination of our areas of interest, with the aim to make a contribution to the field by improving existing methods, or deepening our understanding of existing systems. The internship will last between 6 and 9 months, and ideally you will publish a paper at a top-tier conference by the end. Provisional start dates for the 2 internships are June 2023 and September 2023 respectively.
- You will likely hold or be studying for a Masters or a PhD in computer vision, machine learning, or a closely related field.
- You may already have a strong publication record in top-quality venues (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, SIGGRAPH, etc.), in line with your career stage and the research opportunities you have had; or you will have demonstrable potential to publish in such venues.
- You are a competent programmer, preferably in Python. Experience with popular machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow would also be helpful.
- You are able to write and produce research papers as the need arises.
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with other researchers.
You will be joining a European leader in the autonomous driving system market where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive salary and financial package, pension and private medical care.
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Help us to build the future of safer autonomy!