|Published||January 8, 2023|
|Location||United States of America - Remote, United States of America|
A Little About Us
The Visual Intelligence team is building new platforms, services and consumer experiences powered by Machine Learning that reach hundreds of millions of people every day. While our main focus is on multimodal image and video understanding, we also contribute to our products by building solutions for image ranking, video recommendation, and visual enhancement, among others. Our work allows Yahoo to process multimedia assets at scale, making it possible to deliver the best content and experiences to our users across our entire ecosystem.
Our diverse team consists of innovative and enthusiastic scientists and engineers looking to modernize Yahoo by bringing in the latest advances in Artificial Intelligence. As a member of the Visual Intelligence team, you will work with us to find novel ways to translate science into value to our users.
- Design and carry out both fundamental and applied research in large-scale image and video understanding, ranking and retrieval.
- Develop and support multimodal content understanding models for image and video.
- Design and develop lightweight and highly efficient deep learning models that would run on the cloud and on mobile devices.
- Work closely with engineers to develop prototypes and transfer research to new products, new processes, and/or new business areas.
- Actively participate in the academic community, and publish high quality research.
A Lot About You
As a research intern, you will work alongside research engineers and scientists, as well as software developers and data scientists from our and other teams. You will have the chance to learn how our platforms and products work, and explore opportunities to apply what you have learned in school to our products by building new innovative features, all while growing your skill set.
- Currently enrolled as an MS (or PhD) student in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in Computer Vision, NLP and/or Signal Processing, as evidenced through courses, projects or publications.
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning theory, as well as algorithmic problem solving and programming skills (Python, C/C++, Java, etc.)
- Hands-on experience building deep learning models using PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Publications in top-tier conferences and journals in related fields (e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, etc.) a plus.
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $45,760.00 - $135,200.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.