Research Intern in Science
|Published||December 1, 2022|
Founded in 2014, InstaDeep is today an EMEA leader in decision-making AI products for the Enterprise, with headquarters in London, and offices in Paris, Berlin, Tunis, Lagos, Dubai, Cape Town and the USA. InstaDeep has been named among the Top 100 global AI startups for three consecutive years by CB Insights, as well as one of the 100 most promising B2B companies in Europe, by Sifted. We have created an environment that ensures a challenge by working closely with a broad spectrum of high-quality clients, pushing you to thrive in an environment that’s rarely tedious and always looking to push you to come up with outside-the-box solutions using cutting-edge technologies. In our mission to stay ahead of the curve, we are proud to partner with firms such as BioNTech SE, Google DeepMind, NVIDIA and Intel, and world-class universities as MIT, Oxford, UCL, and Imperial College London. We are also an NVIDIA Elite Service Delivery Partner and Google Cloud Partner.
Are you a Research Intern in Science
If so then keep reading….
As a Research Intern in Science, you’ll be a part of the Research Team. At InstaDeep, a Research Engineer intern's focus is to help the team produce cutting research that aims to be published in top world AI conferences. The intern's goal is to develop, implement and present ideas to improve state-of-the-art reinforcement learning algorithms while building simple and sustainable software solutions. Among the tasks they are responsible for: working on novel research ideas, developing prototype applications, providing software design, implementing software libraries, and writing research papers.
The Research Intern in Science must accomplish the following:
- Develop novel algorithms and research ideas in fields such as deep learning applied to protein folding or genomics.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to design and run experiments, including designing and evaluating new algorithms as well as implementing known algorithms.
- Design and implement algorithms to best leverage modern hardware and distributed computing systems (CPUs, GPUs, TPUs, Cloud, etc.).
- Report and present experimental results and research findings clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally, orally and in writing in English.
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet the Research Department’s goals.
Who you are:
If you are about to finish your master's in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics / Physics or a related field, if you are passionate about artificial intelligence and in particular its applications to biology, if you like to investigate in-depth notions, if you also like to see concrete applications of your work, if you are a Startup enthusiast, if you like to work within a team, then this position is made for you.
- M.S./Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics / Physics or related field.
- Experience in developing and debugging in Python and/or C/C++ or similar languages.
- Experience in performing innovative research in applied machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, Jax and/or Keras.
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, contributions to open source, work experience, or coding competitions.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
We empower individuals to celebrate their uniqueness here at InstaDeep. Our team comes from all walks of life, and we’re proud to continue to encourage and support applicants from underrepresented groups across the globe. Our commitment to creating an authentic environment comes from our ability to learn and grow from our diversity, and how better to experience this by other than by joining our team?
At present we operate in a hybrid way allowing work from home or work from the office as per each individual’s preferences. We are continuing to review the situation with the well-being of InstaDeepers at the forefront of our minds.
Right to work: Please note you will require the legal right to work in the location you are applying for.
Any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com