Research Intern – Deep Learning
|Published||December 3, 2022|
|Location||Redmond, United States of America|
Research Internships at Microsoft provide a dynamic environment for research careers with a network of world-class research labs led by globally-recognized scientists and engineers. Our researchers and engineers pursue innovation in a range of scientific and technical disciplines to help solve complex challenges in diverse fields, including computing, healthcare, economics, and the environment.
The Deep Learning Team at MSR Redmond lab seeks applicants for a 2023 summer research internship in the areas of deep learning, artificial intelligence and other related fields.
As an intern with the Deep Learning Group, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with an accomplished machine learning group at a world-class research organization. You are encouraged to work cutting-edge and challenging research problems and publish your results. You may also get the chance to see your ideas realized in products and services that will be used worldwide.
The start date for this position is flexible, though interns typically begin in the summer.
Interns put inquiry and theory into practice. Alongside fellow doctoral candidates and some of the world’s best researchers, interns learn, collaborate, and network for life. Interns not only advance their own careers, but they also contribute to exciting research and development strides. During the 12-week internship, students are paired with mentors and expected to collaborate with other interns and researchers, present findings, and contribute to the vibrant life of the community. Research internships are available in all areas of research, and are offered year-round, though they typically begin in the summer.
In addition to the qualifications below, you’ll need to submit a minimum of two reference letters for this position. After you submit your application, a request for letters may be sent to your list of references on your behalf. Note that reference letters cannot be requested until after you have submitted your application, and furthermore, that they might not be automatically requested for all candidates. You may wish to alert your letter writers in advance, so they will be ready to submit your letter.
- Must be currently enrolled in a MS or PhD program in Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience (Coursework or Project) with Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with mathematical modelling for practical problems.
Interns are expected to be physically located in their manager’s Microsoft worksite location for the duration of their internship.
- Enrolled in a PhD program in Computer Science or a related STEM field.
- Multimodal intelligence, fusing vision and language capabilities.
- Deep learning foundations, including theories, models and algorithms.
- Sequence modeling, including applications to natural language processing.
- Unsupervised learning and self-supervised learning.
- Neuro-symbolic reasoning.
- Neural program synthesis.
- Generative adversarial networks, including applications to natural language generation and text-to-image generation.
- Machine reading comprehension.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services