Research Intern – Advanced Wireless Technology Development for beyond 5G Networks
|Published||March 8, 2023|
|Location||Schaumburg, United States of America|
Futurewei is expanding leadership in creating innovative networking technologies for 5G wireless networks. We are seeking full-time summer interns to focus on research into wireless networking and technology for 5G RAN and beyond Next Generation Radio Access Networks (NG-RAN).
- Our intern will focus on research into wireless networking and technology for 5G RAN and beyond Next Generation Radio Access Networks (NG-RAN).
- The program goal will be to develop and demonstrate novel concepts for advanced wireless networks utilizing cutting-edge communication theory techniques, drawing from advances in optimization and ML techniques, and built upon our existing research outcomes in these areas.
- A range of research activities are available to pursue in this important area. These have been identified as part of our recent research work and include joint sensing and communication, advanced MIMO/BF communication, network energy saving, AI/ML for PHY, passive IoT in mobile networks, etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completion of applicable graduate coursework in relevant fields within electrical engineering and/or applied mathematics, e.g., wireless communication, stochastic processes, communications networks, optimization, and AI/ML. Doctoral students with completion of master’s degree, in Electrical Engineering, Computer science and/or Applied Mathematics are preferred.
- Candidate should have knowledge in wireless networks, and knowledge and previous experience in reference signal design, MIMO/Beamforming and its performance evaluation, and AI/ML for wireless communications.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Proficiency with commercial programming/processing tools, e.g., MATLAB, Python, Tensorflow, Keras.
Futurewei Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status under federal, state, and local laws.