|Published||January 17, 2023|
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
We offer an attractive Research Associate position in the Computer Vision, machine Intelligence and Imaging (CVI²) research group (http://cvi2.uni.lu) headed by Prof. Djamila Aouada to conduct exciting research in the field of Computer Vision for autonomous systems. The successful candidate will help in shaping research directions and carry out high-impact research in collaboration with experienced industrial partners. All projects require conducting full-scale experiments, including real-time implementation, data acquisition, training and validation at the SnT Computer Vision Lab (SnT Computer Vision Laboratory) and the SnT Zero-G Lab (The Zero-G Lab: Testing in Micro-Gravity Environment).
- Propose and develop models and algorithms (Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, etc.) to meet the projects demands
- Providing support in setting up and running experiments in the SnT Computer Vision and Zero-G laboratories
- Work closely with project’s stakeholders and industrial partners
- Proposing and implementing real-time solutions
- Participating in proposal writing
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
- Participating to the teaching activities
- Participating in organizing relevant workshops and demonstrations
For further information, please contact Djamila.Aouada@uni.lu
- PhD Degree in Computer Science, or related technical field with the desirable experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or Robotics.
- Competitive research record in Computer Vision/Robotics, preferably with publications at CV/ML/Robotics conferences/journals (e.g., ICRA, RSS, WACV, ECCV, IROS, etc.)
- Strong mathematical background.
- Strong development skills in Python/C++/Matlab.
- Strong knowledge and experience with modern machine learning frameworks (PyTorch/ Tensorflow).
- Good Knowledge of Robotics. Practical experience in robotics, including ROS and related software components.
- Experience with 3D simulation tools or game engines such as Unreal, Blender, etc. would be an added advantage.
- Experience with good software development practices and tools (such as git, docker, etc.).
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Here’s what awaits you at SnT...
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 55 industry partners
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract 24 Month (may be extended up to five years)
- Work Hours: Full Time 40.0 Hours per Week
- Location: Kirchberg
- Job Reference: UOL05522
The yearly gross salary for every Postdoctoral Researcher at the UL is EUR 77167 (full time)
How to apply...
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications, etc.)
- Contact information for 3 referees, including details (name, email address, etc.)
- Preferably, a Github/Gitlab webpage listing completed projects in Computer Vision
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by Email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg...
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.