|Published||March 26, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
At Recycleye, we are turning the world’s waste into resource. According to the OECD, only 9% of waste has ever been recycled but we’re changing that through our development of AI-based sensors combined with robotics that identify and sort a wide range of recyclables.
We are transforming the economics behind the $2.5 trillion global waste recycling industry, and we want you to join us!
Founded in 2019, we have experienced rapid growth with technology deployed across Europe and the US and are on a trajectory to continue scaling at pace.
To do this, we need more innovators to join our team.
We work together to grow and succeed, driven by our values of empowerment, inclusivity, and perseverance. We want you to come and join our vision of delivering improved efficiency and purity to waste sorting, turning rubbish into a trove of resources.
At Recycleye we are shipping many robots to waste sorting facilities, however we have plenty of work stemming from customising models or configurations to be most useful to clients.
We are looking for an ambitious person to join the Machine Learning (ML) team in training these models as our first ML Project Engineer.
Importantly, we are not looking for someone to do any software development or R&D within our ML team. We are looking for someone to use the infrastructure that the ML Engineers have built to make custom models that are useful to clients as possible.
To that end, we expect the successful candidate to be capable of learning technical concepts at a high level, while having the commercial background to juggle multiple client needs and communicate effectively.
- Analyze clients' requirements and specifications to develop tailored ML solutions that meet their needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with the ML team to use the existing infrastructure and tools to train machine learning models.
- Work closely with clients to gather necessary data and information, providing insights and recommendations for model training and optimization.
- Travel to client sites as needed to ensure seamless communication and understanding of client needs and robot performance, maintaining strong relationships and fostering collaboration.
- Coordinate with multiple teams, including ML, Project Management, and Sales, to ensure the successful delivery of client projects.
- Bachelor's in Engineering, STEM, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial role, preferably in management consulting or the manufacturing industry
- Proven ability to manage multiple client projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with machine learning principles and concepts, although hands-on coding experience is not required
- Experience in client relationship management, including the ability to manage client expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Prior experience working with machine learning models and infrastructure
- Experience in project management, including planning, execution, and monitoring
- Experience in the waste management industry
We care deeply about having the most passionate, driven, talented, and all-around best people on our mission to turn the world’s waste into resource.
Even if you don’t tick every box listed above but are motivated by our work and believe you can make a difference on our team, we’d really love to hear from you so please do apply and drop us a note about what you bring!
- An excellent salary that’s both equitable and reviewed regularly
- Shares in the company each and every Recycleyte is invested in our vision, and we want to give you the opportunity to do so as well, both in your day-to-day as well as in your long-term investment
- Progression : we are growing rapidly and excited for you to make an impact as we do so
- Unlimited holiday actually, really, and truly (but with a minimum of 25 days)
- A welcoming and inclusive team environment with monthly company-wide socials
- Plenty of opportunities for training and personal development
- Healthcare coverage Vitality is available from your very first day!