|Published||May 5, 2023|
|Location||Pittsburgh, United States of America|
The development of our Next Generation compute platform requires the guidance of an expert for the comparison and selection among alternatives and the design of the underlying architecture. To this end, the lead for this team will develop the necessary software and evaluation framework, focusing on the latest operations in the Deep Learning literature to ensure that the compute platform meets the future needs of the system. You will support the Research team’s effort to develop PoC algorithms for next generation sensors with an eye to determining how well next gen compute will handle the operations and large data streams. For the selected compute, this person will lead the development of accelerator libraries supporting required operations and data flows.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the evaluation of next generation compute platforms to guide selection
- Communicate the results of these studies clearly to engineering team
- Design and develop accelerator libraries for new SOTA operations unsupported by TensorRT or other libraries
- Provide expertise to guide SoC development for efficient sensor data processing
- Assist the Research team in development of optimal architectures for processing next gen sensing
- Develop accelerator libraries for the selected compute platform
What we're looking for:
- MS in computer science, engineering, or applied math with 5+ years practical experience in machine learning, sensing and perception in automotive systems.
- Experienced with productionizing and deploying deep learning models on GPU/ASIC/SoC
- Proven expert optimizing model performance and developing accelerator libraries
- Deep knowledge of and experience developing with CUDA
- Experience with PyTorch or other deep learning frameworks
- Fluent in C++ and Python
- Ability to communicate across multiple teams, researchers, and engineers
Bonus points (not required):
- Background/understanding of fundamental radar principles and radar processing techniques
- Experience developing Deep Learning models for Vision, LIDAR, or RADAR
Why you should join us:
Our team is commercializing a world-class driverless system. The Motional team is behind some of the industry’s largest leaps forward in the last decade, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world’s first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world’s most-established public robotaxi fleet. Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and provide a supportive work environment that prioritizes collaboration, communication, and creativity. Our team members are committed to delivering high-quality results that make a real difference in the world. If you are passionate about the future of autonomous vehicles and want to work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, we encourage you to apply to join our Autonomy Research Team. Additionally, we offer excellent benefits to include generous medical plans, wellness benefits, unlimited PTO, 401k and equity, to name a few.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to convey and detect communication
- The employee occasionally required to remain stationary at times for up to 50% of working time, move in designated working areas; & operate and use office equipment
- The employee may occasionally move up to 50 pounds
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
This position can support remote work within the United States only.
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.