|Published||March 6, 2023|
|Location||Bromley, United Kingdom|
We are Direct Line Group – home to some of the country's best-known brands including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Greenflag, and NIG. Our vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good, and our purpose is to help people carry on with their lives- giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
Direct Line Group is a place where tried and tested comes together with new and exciting. What every one of us has in common is that we're always looking forward, determined to raise the bar again and again. Wherever your talents lie, you'll be valued and rewarded here – and empowered to think differently, so you can do what's best for our customers.
To support our ambitions, we are currently recruiting for a Pricing Data Scientist.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Technical Modelling Manager, you will help deliver technical machine learning pricing models for all Commercial Lines products. You will help deliver and plan all model recommendations and their resultant utilisation in the wider pricing teams and contributing to the longer-term pricing strategy and technical training of the wider Commercial team. You will:
- Develop technical models to enable the business to both price effectively and to manage risk through model outputs.
- Lead improvement through embedding data science techniques into modelling.
- Strive to improve the statistical validity and efficiency of all modelling, projection processes and techniques.
- Investigate areas in P&U where modern modelling techniques can be utilised to solve business problems.
- Deliver projects into the wider pricing and underwriting team to agreed timescales.
- Support pricing analysts by lending technical assistance on a day-to-day basis, performing peer reviews and providing ongoing feedback.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed more efficiently. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined.
- Ensure compliance to model minimum standards (MMS) where applicable and adherence to EUDA in applicable areas
What you'll need:
- Experience building machine learning models in Alteryx, either using R predictive tools or Alteryx Intelligence Suite. Familiarity with GBMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Neural Nets, Support Vector Machines
- Familiarity with best practice in ML model development, sign-off, implementation and monitoring.
- Statistical and theoretical understanding of ML models
- Stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Experience in presenting modelling inference and statistical findings in layman terms
- General knowhow of insurance pricing and underwriting practices is desirable
- Working knowledge of multiple cloud data technologies and cloud platforms in the context of data science and machine learning will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Tableau, Python / R and SQL and knowledge of model implementation framework through PMML will be beneficial
Ways of Working
Our mixed model way of working offers a 'best of both worlds' approach combining the best parts of home and office-working, offering flexibility for everyone. How much you'll be in the office depends on your role, and we'll consider the flexible working options that work best for you.
Read our flexible working approach here.
We recognise we wouldn't be where we are today without our colleagues, that's why we offer excellent benefits designed to suit your lifestyle:
- 9% employer contributed pension
- 50% off home, motor and pet insurance plus free travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover
- Additional optional Health and Dental insurance
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- EV car scheme allows all colleagues to lease a brand new electric or plug-in hybrid car in a tax efficient way.
- Generous holidays
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Employee discounts and cashback
- Plus many more
Direct Line Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we think diversity of background and thinking is a big strength in our people. We're delighted to feature as one of the UK's Top 50 Inclusive Employers and are committed to making our business an inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves and succeed in their careers.
We know you're more than a CV, and the things that make you, you, are what bring potential to our business. We recognise and embrace people that work in different ways so if you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, please speak to the recruitment team who will be happy to support you.