Postdoc In Machine Learning based Dynamic Pricing in Logistics
|Published||December 11, 2022|
The Information Systems Group in the School of Industrial Engineering performs advanced research in the area of business intelligence, business process management, and business engineering. All research is embedded in SIKS (Netherlands Research School for Information and Knowledge Systems) and Beta (the KNAW-recognized research school for Operations Management & Logistics). Department of IE&IS has a strong national and international reputation for both basic research in the academic community and applied research with industry. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to profit from the benefits that such an environment has to offer and to contribute to the ongoing research.
In the project ‘Data-driven automated dynamic pricing tools for logistics’ funded by Dinalog, we will conduct research into machine learning based solutions for dynamic pricing in highly stochastic airfreight shipment environment, and develop an automated end-to-end decision-making framework. The project that forms the context for this position involves intensive collaboration with CEVA Logistics, which is a world leader in third-party shipping and logistics. The candidate will work at the Information Systems group (IS) at the School of Industrial Engineering, TU Eindhoven. In addition, the candidate will work two days per week at CEVA Logistics, to bring his/her knowledge to practice as a postdoctoral logistician.
- Motivated researcher, with a PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or Industrial Engineering.
- Solid background in machine learning and a good basis in deep learning, reinforcement learning, optimization, and programming with an interest in applications in logistics.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, reflected in demonstratable outputs.
- A team player who enjoys working in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team.
- A proven ability to manage complex projects to completion on schedule.
- Excellent (written and verbal) proficiency in English, good communication and leadership skills.
Conditions of employment
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- Full-time employment for 2 years.
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10 (min. € 2.960,- max. € 4.670,-.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A TU/e Postdoc Association that helps you to build a stronger and broader academic and personal network, and offers tailored support, training and workshops.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as are a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) and a compensation for moving expenses.
Information and application
Eindhoven University of Technology is an internationally top-ranking university in the Netherlands that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a top-five position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact Dr. Yingqian Zhang, e-mail yqzhang[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 2872.
Visit our website for more information about the application process or the conditions of employment.
You can also contact Najat Loiazizi, HR Advisor, e-mail n.loiazizi[at]tue.nl or +31 40 247 8933.
Are you inspired and would like to know more about working at TU/e? Please visit our career page.
We invite you to submit a complete application using the apply-button.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected ‘best publications’.
We look forward to receiving your application and will screen it as soon as possible. The vacancy will remain open until the position is filled.