|Published||March 28, 2023|
At CARIAD, it’s our mission to transform automotive mobility for everyone, everywhere, making it safer, more sustainable, and more comfortable in every way. To deliver on that promise, we’re building a unified technology and software platform, including a vehicle OS and cloud platform, as well as a unified architecture. As a 100% subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group, we’re developing solutions for all of its brands, including Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche, and will bring our software to over 40 million vehicles by 2030.
Is this an easy task? Not at all! To tackle such a huge challenge, we need a great team. And that’s where you come in. You’ll join more than 5,000 CARIDIANS already working on the latest vehicle features and functions like automated driving, state-of-the-art charging technology, as well as a new digital ecosystem. Together, we’re bringing sustainable change to one of the largest companies in the world.
Our ADAS department is looking for a PhD student to work on the “Unified Environment Semantics for Automated Parking” project. In this team, we work on a variety of assisted and automated parking functions to improve the overall driving experience, in particular saving the stress and hassle that our future customers face on a daily basis. Bring your concepts and code to an agile team consisting of functional and software experts and see them add to the experience in our prototype vehicles constantly. Your work will contribute to the overall understanding of various parking scenarios in the virtual and real world. We need your help to solve challenges in localization and planning strategies using harmonized data from prior measurements, fleet sharing and external sources.
What You Will Do
- Develop concepts and algorithms for environment representation & interpretation in the field of automated parking.
- Integrate concepts and code into existing functional frameworks and prototypes.
- Bridge gaps in architecture and organization to promote new solutions towards product stage..
Who You Are
- Completion of Master's degree in: computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics, automotive engineering or equivalent field.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills in a complex system architecture, preferably in an embedded environment.
- Knowledge in object oriented programming (preferably C++) and algorithm development (preferaby in robotics/ environment model or machine learning).
- Experince in coding development projects, especially code versioning and testing tools.
- Proactive mindset with the ability to adapt in a fast paced environment.
- Fluent in English. German would be beneficial.
NICE TO KNOW
- Start date: flexible (with a fixed contract of three years)
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to do remote work
- Attractive remuneration & compensation package
- Networking events, trainings & exciting workshops
- You get a fixed annual salary of (based on 13 months):
- Year 1: 42.380EUR (brutto)
- Year 2: 47.086 EUR (brutto)
- Year 3: 51.805 EUR (brutto)
Important: The PhD admission requirements are set by the university and candidates have to fulfill these requirements before starting their projects. Candidates are responsible for finding a professor for supervision before joining Cariad. A written and signed confirmation by the designated supervisor is required before onboarding (not necessary for application).
- If you have further questions about the candidate journey at CARIAD, talk to Cari, our CARIAD Chatbot. Can’t see it? Check your settings or visit our FAQ