|Published||December 6, 2022|
|Location||California, United States of America|
NVIDIA is looking for research interns with a strong background relevant to applying machine learning methods to achieve computational breakthroughs in global climate or fluid simulation. This could include expertise in foundational areas of artificial intelligence, such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, generative modeling, optimization, causal reasoning, and experience in their applications to complex fluid dynamics, either using fully data-driven or hybrid physics-ML methods and with a particular interest in full complexity operational weather and climate models. We encourage candidates from a diverse set of backgrounds and historically underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Define your research, design and implement cutting-edge machine learning techniques.
- Publish your original research and present at top-tier conferences and events.
- Collaborate with other research team members, a diverse set of internal product teams, and external researchers, as part of NVIDIA’s “Earth-2” Initiative.
- Have a broader impact by transferring and/or open-sourcing the technology you've developed to relevant product groups.
What we need to see:
- Strong knowledge of machine learning theory with enough depth and breadth.
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey research ideas to a broad audience.
- A strong research record with publications in top machine-learning conferences and/or quality physics, atmospheric or climate science journals.
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- Fluent in a high-level language like Python/Julia/C++. Fortran could be a plus.
- Knowledge of common machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch and Tensorflow.
- Prior experience working in an HPC environment is a plus.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative, collaborative, and love a challenge, we want to hear from you! Are you a creative and autonomous engineer or applied earth system scientist who loves a challenge? Come join our Earth-2 initiative that aims to lead the world in bringing full-stack deep learning and high-performance computing capabilities to unlock a future of next-generation climate simulation at unprecedented numerical fidelity.
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires that NVIDIA provide the compensation range and benefits offered for this position if performed in Colorado. The base hourly range for this position in Colorado is $31.80 - 43.73 USD.
NVIDIA also offers a comprehensive benefits package. We provide health care coverage, dental and vision, 401(K), including company matching and after tax contributions, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave, vacation leave, professional time off, life and disability protection. Employees in eligible sales and positions may also be eligible for commission.
Base pay is based on market location and may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, and other job-related reasons.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.