|Published||January 20, 2023|
The TUM Biostatistics/Mathematics group is seeking a PhD candidate (m,f,x) with the objective of developing statistical and machine learning approaches to solve problems arising in contemporary biostatistics and life science re-search. Ongoing applications include clinical risk prediction and climate change with collaborators at the TUM Rechts der Isar Hospital, TUM School of Life Sciences in Weihenstephan, and United States National Cancer Institute.
- A Master’s degree in statistics, mathematics or informatics/computer/data
science with strong statistical focus.
- R programming, database, computer and software implementation skills.
- German and English communication skills for both writing and speaking.
- Teamwork skills for collaborating with interdisciplinary teams of clinicians
- Perform high-quality research resulting in publications in international
peer-reviewed journals and presentations at international conferences.
- Organize and conduct exercise courses for Bachelor and Master level courses
in applied regression, computational statistics and data analysis, mentor
Bachelor and Master theses
- Perform cloud computing, hardware and software installation as required for
- A vibrant interdisciplinary research and educational working environment
within the TUM School of Computation, Information and Technology.
- Salary according to the rates of public service, level E13.
- Opportunities for soft-skill and career training.
- As part of the Excellence Initiative, the TUM is actively pursuing the
strategic goal of substantially increasing the diversity of its faculty and
- As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the TUM explicitly
encourages nominations of and applications from women.
- Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same
qualifications as other candidates.
The position is available starting April 1 2023.
Application deadline is February 15, 2023
Send a cover letter of application, curriculum vitae, final transcript of records from the Master’s degree, and a copy of the Master’s thesis as a single PDF file to Prof. Donna Ankerst (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Data protection notice
Thank you for your interest in the Technical University of Munich and your application for the advertised position. You are providing us with personal data with your application. Please refer to our data protection information in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) regarding the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application, available at the website below. https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: Donna Ankerst (email@example.com)