|Published||January 30, 2023|
The Operations Optimization Data Scientist is responsible for driving the automation of the planning processes of the Business Planning and Fleet team across the different S&OP stages. As part of this team, you will support the integration of team’s planning process with Giga Berlin S&OP and provide thought leadership on how we can improve our processes and drive efficiency in our operations. You will also have the opportunity to utilize your skills in quantitative analysis and optimization on elaborate studies on sales and beyond, providing powerful insights to the EMEA leadership team on key decisions for our strategy.
You will have the opportunity to develop and continuously improve the way we project demand and resource requirements across the various vehicle markets. You will be instrumental in building the Business Planning function into a competency center and partner with various teams across the business to develop Tesla’s forecasting and planning capabilities and processes.
This role requires frequent interaction with all our EMEA HQ and Global Demand Planning teams, and you will work closely with the EMEA business analytics to identify improvement opportunities for our processes.
What You’ll Do
- Use Python/SQL (preferred) to develop a holistic planning process that automates our current analysis and modeling around sales forecast, supply-demand analyses, delivery forecast, logistics, and fleet allocations
- Own aspects of the planning process and manage communication with various cross-functional teams in order to ensure zero-error data quality and integrity
- Identify and execute on areas for improvement across the planning process between various teams (sales, delivery, finance, demand planning, logistics, etc.)
- Lead partner teams on process improvements, plan execution, and other planning-related initiatives
- Develop expert teamwork skills and build excellent cross-functional stakeholder relationships to ensure engagement, execution speed, and highest quality of outcomes
- Provide thought leadership on how we can improve our planning processes and drive efficiency in sales operations
- Adeptly handle multiple priorities in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment and be willing to pivot as the business requires
What You’ll Bring
- 1-4 years of related experience in a planning, analytics or operations role
- MSc’s degree in Engineering, Computer and/or Data Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Business/Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience in building Data Science and Optimization models and algorithms in Python and/or other programming languages (e.g. Matlab), using SQL from scratch
- Strong experience in data processing methods (e.g. building ETLs)
- Strong knowledge of Excel data processing and automation and solid experience in BI visualization and dashboarding (e.g. Tableau)
- Good understanding of S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) elements and process
- High level of data quality and integrity
- Proven track record in delivering change, process improvement, and root cause analytics
- Desired Attributes and Skills
- Cross-functional teamwork experience
- Relentless hands-on problem-solver, unafraid of challenging the status quo
- Experienced in driving cross-functional initiatives and process improvements
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented, while also able to work independently
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment of constant change
- Adept at prioritization, expert at and enjoys juggling multiple tasks and projects
- Loves working with data and understanding the “why” and the “now what” behind the data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-aware and open-minded
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice