|Published||December 11, 2022|
|Location||San Mateo, Philippines|
Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com/en.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) currently has an opening for Sr. Research Scientist for Next Generation AI/ML in our R&D center US Laboratory located in San Jose (San Mateo site), CA. This position is responsible for research and development for the Next Generation AI & Machine Learning system for Sony’s future products and services.
- Research, develop and evaluate state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms for the next generation AI/ML system.
- Apply software engineering skills to identify challenges and future directions for our research.
- Learn, collaborate and network alongside world-class researchers and creators; present your findings and contribute to the industry-leading entertainment technology community.
- Author papers and write invention disclosures for developed algorithms and systems.
- Establish and participate in academic collaborations.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or M.S. with research experience equivalent to Ph.D.
- Excellent fundamental research background and demonstrated record of innovation in the theory of Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Generative Models or related areas.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong Deep Learning fundamentals and latest techniques
- Strong professional software development experience
- Good familiarity with modern C++, Python
- Good familiarity with neural network training workflow using PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion
- Knowledge and experience in Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision or Robotics Motion Learning are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Out of Distribution handling or Adversarial Training are plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Reinforcement Learning for Task Learning are plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
While SCA does not require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, there are certain Sony offices that require employees to be vaccinated in order to enter. If you will be located at or travel to those offices, you will be required to be fully vaccinated to enter. The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccination status or any indication of a possible request for a vaccination accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.