|Published||February 21, 2023|
Sony AI are seeking a proven ML Platform Engineer to join our newest team in Barcelona and work with our Gastronomy Flagship Project team.
You should be someone who has built/architected/implemented scalable platforms with large textual data sets/NLP. In this role you’ll be working closely with our MLOps Engineer and a team of Research Scientists to create scalable and performant cloud-based ML infrastructure. You should enjoy exploring the forefront of what is technologically possible, thrive in the face of the uncertainty and the experimental nature of working in a research environment, and find purpose in translating between novel research ideas and professional engineering standards and practices.
We offer the opportunity to join a responsible AI lab, where your manager will support you to make an impact and be recognised for your work. You’ll enjoy working with a diverse and international team in a flexible setting recognizing different personalities and lifestyles.
Find out more here: https://ai.sony/projects/gastronomy/, and if you’re ready to take on the challenge with us, we want to hear from you.
- Design, implement and maintain ML cloud platform used internally by a global team of research scientist.
- Improve features developed by research scientists with a focus on scalability.
- Write unit, regression, and smoke tests for new and existing features.
- Guide and mentor research scientists regarding good engineering practices, serve as torchbearer for a modern and inclusive engineering culture.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues in Spain, US, Japan, and Switzerland.
- Travel to other Sony sites and international conferences.
You will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science.
- Plus: Master’s degree in engineering or computer science.
- Three years of post-degree or equivalent engineering experience in a similar role.
- Strong Python skills.
- Plus: Experience in concurrent and/or parallel programming.
- Plus: Experience in high-performance computing.
- Experience working with cloud services (like AWS and GCP) and with container technologies (like Kubernetes and Docker).
- Strong plus: Experience working with research scientists.
- Plus: Experience with the supervision of interns and/or junior engineers.
- The ability and the willingness to work with research scientists in an ambitious research project with several unknowns, developing mutual understanding and a joint culture.
- The ability to deliver on tight deadlines and adapt to evolving or changing requirements.
- The ability and the willingness to work as a member of a distributed team spanning several time zones and bringing together people from diverse cultural and personal backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Plus: Japanese language skills.
Your new office
In our Barcelona office you can enjoy a modern and open working environment with unbeatable views of the city. Located in Avenida Diagonal, in an energy efficient building, it is very convenient to reach the office by public transport. You can enjoy your lunch or coffee in our office kitchen, on the terrace next to the lobby, or you can walk to one of the many restaurants and shopping centres nearby.
Life at Sony
We ensure competitive salaries and benefits by using established benchmarking. We encourage healthy work-life balance supported by hybrid and flexible working policies. We are a positive community who dream big together, respect each other, and enjoy a collaborative culture.
We like to celebrate our colleagues who make a real difference using our recognition platform. We also provide access to numerous services and platforms for all aspects of wellbeing. We listen to our people through conversations and surveys, respect their suggestions, then act on them. We also provide allowances for volunteering days so that our staff can support the causes they are most passionate about.
You can build your career around you with our fantastic range of learning & personal development programs to enhance your skills. We also encourage our staff to try exciting new roles, in a wide range of countries, with a supportive mobility team to support you if you take that leap!
Bring your uniqueness to Sony
We are passionate about creating a culture that promotes equity and cultivates inclusion, diversity, and belonging. We want employees with diverse backgrounds and perspectives that will stimulate innovation and have a direct impact on our creation of social value to fulfil Sony’s purpose – ‘to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology’. We want you to bring your unique self to work and help shape our culture.
We are Sony Europe.
Our people collaborate in an environment of respect, integrity, and open-mindedness. Diverse teams from all over Europe are the driving force for our business, and we embrace the differences that make each of us original and unique.
With offices in 28 European countries, Sony Europe caters to consumer, professional, semiconductor and healthcare markets with innovative electronics products and solutions. Our European laboratories research and develop new technologies and capabilities that contributes to the Sony Group and important issues on a planetary scale.
Bring your passion, creativity and ambitions to Sony Europe. Apply now, and let’s create the future together.