Masters Machine Learning Internship 2023 (USA)
|Published||November 9, 2022|
|Location||Palo Alto, United States of America|
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
At Pinterest, Masters internships provide you with the opportunity to work on meaningful, complex projects that push Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest Labs is a group dedicated to using Machine Learning to bring inspiration to everyone. As a research intern at Pinterest Labs, you'll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and artificial intelligence. You'll engage in the following focus areas including but not limited to: image recognition, user modeling, recommender systems, natural language processing, and big data analytics. With our new progressive work model, PinFlex, we offer a 12-week summer internship program that allows you to live and work where you would like. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute in cutting-edge research in machine learning and artificial intelligence that can be applied to Pinterest problems
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize findings from data and build intelligent data-driven model
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code
- Use machine learning, natural language processing, and graph analysis to solve modeling and ranking problems across discovery, ads and search
- Take proactive ownership over the completion and quality of your project and tasks and know when to ask for guidance
What We’re Looking For
- Working towards a Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another related field
- Interest in learning new programming languages and technologies
- Strong communicator, team player, and a thoughtful and efficient problem solver
- Previous industry experience is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Passion for applied ML and the Pinterest product
- Must be graduating December 2023 or later.
We Offer 2 Internship Start Dates
- May 22, 2023 - August 11, 2023
- June 20, 2023 - September 8, 2023
Colorado Based Applicants Only
- The salary for this position is $10,000 monthly in Colorado;
- Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
- This compensation and benefits information is based on Pinterest’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future. The level of pay within the range will depend on a variety of job-related factors that may include location, travel, shift requirements, relevant prior experience and/or education, or particular skills and expertise.
Our Commitment To Diversity
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.