Manager, Deep Learning and Prediction – Autonomous Vehicles
|Published||January 12, 2023|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
We are looking for a Prediction Manager for our Autonomous Vehicles org to lead and manager our Traffic and Behavior Prediction team. Intelligent machines powered by Artificial Intelligence computers that can learn, reason and interact with people are no longer a science fiction. Today, a self-driving car powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find its way. An AI-powered robot can learn motor skills through trial and error. The era of AI has begun. NVIDIA's GPUs run Deep Learning algorithms, simulating human intelligence, and acts as the brain of computers, robots and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Just as human imagination and intelligence are linked, computer graphics and AI come together in our architecture. This may explain why.
NVIDIA GPUs are used broadly for Deep Learning, and NVIDIA is increasingly known as “the AI company”. Make your choice to join us today. We are training Deep Neural Networks for NVIDIA's Autonomous Vehicles effort, with the goal to enable autonomous driving as well as mapping. We are seeking Deep Learning/Machine Learning scientists & engineers who are passionate about solving problems in perception, prediction, planning and control for self-driving cars to achieve full autonomy. Are you interested in inventing human level AI for navigation in the unconstrained world under any conditions? If so, join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Leading and managing the Prediction team that creates state-of-the-art Deep Neural Networks for Multi-agent Prediction used in planning & control
- Defining research and development process
- Using Imitation and Reinforcement Learning techniques
- Taking DNNs and algorithms from initial evaluation and experimentation all the way to shipping
- Providing coaching and technical expertise to the team members
- Defining collection of training datasets
- Working with a variety of sensor modalities: cameras, LIDAR, radar perception stacks
- Leading creation of training pipelines and real-time inference run-times (PyTorch, TensorFlow, TensorRT, Python, C++).
- Performing in-vehicle tests and completing autonomous drive missions.
- Publishing papers
What we need to see:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Math, Robotics, or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership / management experience leading Deep Learning / Machine Learning teams
- 7+ overall years related industry experience
- 3+ management experience
- Strong track record training DNNs for Planning & Control and/or DNNs for Computer Vision systems used in robotics and autonomous navigation
- Passionate to advance Artificial Intelligence
- Strong expertise in Machine Learning / Deep Learning theory
- Strong math knowledge
- Strong programming skills in C++ and/or Python.
- Strive to learn new things and like solving hard problems
- Good communication and analytical skills. Ability to work with multiple teams in a dynamic environment.
- Great personality and soft skills
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Background in Planning & Control and Computer Vision.
- Experience with DNNs applied to behavior and motion prediction
- Background with Imitation Learning and/or Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with Self-supervised Learning
- Background in architecture optimization, pruning, curriculum & multi-task training
- Experience with GPGPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL).
We believe that realizing self-driving cars will be a defining contribution of our generation. We have the funding and scale, but we need your help. NVIDIA offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our world-class engineering teams are growing fast. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with real passion for technology, we want to hear from you.
The base salary range is $217,000 - $377,000. Your base salary will be determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.