Machine Learning Scientist III (Meta bidding)
|Published||January 5, 2023|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form . This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Are you passionate about using Machine Learning techniques to improve Customer Experience? Would you like to work in the fast-paced, competitive, customer-focused and data-rich world of online travel?
Our Machine Learning team is growing! We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Scientist (Machine Learning Scientist III) to use Machine Learning to help optimize hundreds of millions of dollars of Marketing spend and to help increase customer long-term value through relevant and engaging interactions. This exciting opportunity would allow you to solve a broad range of high-impact, complex problems using some of the latest Machine Learning techniques.
What You’ll Do
- This role will be particularly focused on optimising our bidding strategy within Acquisition channels.
- This is a very complex & high impact modelling problem that involves dealing with data scarcity, rapidly changing trends, auction dynamic changes etc
- Working closely with our Bidding Operations and Meta teams, you will support our bidding strategy for some of our partners, such as Trivago or Google. This will entail implementing and evaluating new model variants offline & online to continuously improve the overall efficiency of our bidding process.
Who You Are
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in machine learning, building datasets, selecting and engineering features, building and optimising algorithms
- Great programming practices, able to write readable, performant code
- S ignificant experience in at least one major machine learning programming language (Python, Scala…) and familiar with others.
- Significant experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark MLlib, Python (scikit-learn, pandas, numpy, scipy, Matplotlib), Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
- Great data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $140,000 to $196,000. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $224,000, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach.We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs .
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.