Machine Learning Scientist – IC 2
|Published||December 24, 2022|
|Location||Midvale, United States of America|
We Are Overstock:
At Overstock.com, we believe that everyone should “Be You!”. Overstock is a community that upholds a culture of understanding, acceptance, and respect. We believe a person’s individuality is at the core of diversity, and those traits, beliefs, and characteristics should be valued and embraced. Living by this ethos is essential to the success of our business. Our goal is to foster a more diverse environment where every employee visibly demonstrates inclusive behaviors and respect for individuals.
The Machine Learning Scientist focuses on core machine learning techniques that include search ranking, recommender systems, natural language processing, computer vision, deep learning, fraud and abuse detection, advertising technologies, personalization and predictive modeling. Our Machine Learning scientists have the opportunity to build cutting-edge e-commerce technologies in all these areas and apply their ideas in different products across our platform. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about machine learning and have a track record as production quality engineers.
Automate and streamline our ML experimentation processes.
Build out data pipelines for merging and refining raw data sources into useful, featurized data for use in ML systems.
Build web services for serving ML Model predictions.
Build and interact with applications in our cloud system.
Participate in Agile/Scrum planning sessions including task refinement and estimation.
Mentor other engineers
Research new approaches and tools for ML Model development and deployment
Lead design and architecture discussions
Collaborate with internal team members (ML scientists and engineers) to design, research, implement, and integrate solutions.
- Minimum 2 years of professional software development experience.
- Strong coding skills
- Experience building web services
- Ability to design and build highly performant and scalable systems
- Familiarity with techniques in machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and related fields
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent collaborator and communicator and are eager to learn and grow!
- Web service development.
- Big data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark.
- NoSQL systems such as Redis, Cassandra
- Relational database technologies such as Oracle and Postgres
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency with unit, integration, and performance testing.
- Continuous Integration/Deployment systems
- Performance testing and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala
- Experience with Cloud systems such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS
- Streaming systems such as Kafka
- ML Modeling tool such as scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, Torch
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong communication abilities and willingness to lead and inspire other engineers
- Linux, bash
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience.
Base Pay Range:
$110,000 - $147,000
Who We Are:
We’re a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
- 401k (6% match)
- Flexible Schedules
- Onsite Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
- And More…
*Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.