|Published||December 4, 2022|
Who We Are:
Overstock.com is a leading online furniture and home furnishings retailer, headquartered in the USA, with an innovative Software Development base, in Sligo that build and support the e-commerce platforms for our global retail sites.
What We Do:
We innovate to deliver simple, fast, secure, and delightful experiences for our customers, partners, and teams. Our software engineering teams thrive in our positive, open, excellence driven and innovative culture. Our team members play a critical role in keeping that magic.
Ideally you will be based around the West of Ireland within easy reach to our offices, but we will also accommodate remote / hybrid working if you live a bit further afield.
What you will do
- Design and implement core machine learning algorithms used by different product teams
- Design, deploy, and monitor machine learning models in production using various in house and on cloud technologies available to the machine learning team.
- Design A/B tests across various products to validate the performance of machine learning models
- Report results of machine learning models in peer-reviewed papers and technical manuals
- 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in machine learning, deep learning, NLP, computer vision and or related fields.
- Strong technical skills in programming. Especially writing production quality code
- Track record of delivering production quality ML solutions
- Excellent collaborator and communicator and are eager to learn and grow!
Nice to have
- 4+ years of industry experience as a machine learning scientist or a data scientist
- Previous history of writing and reviewing technical papers
- Experience in machine learning, data mining, recommendation systems, learning to rank, deep learning, natural language processing and related fields, ideally with experience in optimization problems
- Familiarity with relevant technologies (e.g. Python, Scala, machine learning frameworks)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark
- Willingness to learn new tools and flexibility to adapt to different deployment pipelines
- Ability to come up with creative solutions and quickly prototype them
- Strong communication abilities and willingness to lead and inspire other engineers
Master’s degree in computer science, natural language processing, deep learning, computer vision or a related field. Ph.D. or equivalent work experience preferred.
What We Value:
- Life/Work Balance
- Pride in Production
- Challenge yourself, inspire others
- Success through diversity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, religion and membership of the Traveller community, (protected characteristics under the Employment Equality Acts 1998-2011).