|Published||January 4, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, United States of America|
Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 53k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why this role?
Ship state of the art models to production.
Design and implement novel research ideas.
Build elegant training/deployment pipelines.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Machine Learning Intern, you will:
- Design, train and improve upon cutting-edge models
- Train extremely large scale models on massive datasets
- Explore continual and active learning strategies for streaming data
- Publish your work in top-tier conferences and journals
- Learn from experienced senior machine learning technical staff
- Work closely with product teams to develop solutions
- Join us at a pivotal moment, shape what we build and wear multiple hats!
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Proficiency in Python and related ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, TF-Serving, JAX, and XLA/MLIR
- Experience using large-scale distributed training strategies
- Familiarity with autoregressive sequence models, such as Transformers
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated passion for applied NLP models and products
- Bonus: experience writing kernels for GPUs using CUDA
- Bonus: experience training on TPUs
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
- An open and inclusive culture and work environment
- Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
- Free daily lunch
- Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
- Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being
- Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
- Paid vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays