Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer
|Published||December 17, 2022|
|Location||Louisville, United States of America|
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We apply AI-powered automation to economically and sustainably improve our global recycling system
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post and BuiltIn Colorado have recognized AMP as one of the state's top workplaces. AMP also has operations and career opportunities outside of Atlanta and Cleveland, as well as in Europe. We’re fostering an environment where passionate individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including North American Cleantech Company of the Year and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer. AMP doesn’t just do machine learning, we are driven forward by it. Our core technology revolves around deep-learned models applied to robotics domains, and we are always striving to level up our offering. In pursuit of this, AMP is looking for a highly skilled individual to join our machine learning team and aid in building out cutting edge computer vision technology. In this role, you would be designing and implementing infrastructural solutions in the cloud to make developing and delivering our AI easier. You would also vet new technologies, and automate our workflows and data pipelines. You would be instrumental in bringing state-of-the-art AI into the world of recycling and robots.
As our Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer, you will work to:
- Enable us by implementing, managing, and optimizing distributed machine learning platforms in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Take part in the design and development of our machine learning infrastructure to ensure AMP scales with our opportunities.
- Help us integrate our research into production with CI/CD pipelines, workflow automation, monitor & profile tooling, and more.
- Project manage cross-team development efforts to support our AI lifecycle.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or similar, or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 2-4 years experience writing production-level code in python.
- 2-4 years experience working with SQL databases and data pipelines
- Experience in container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker).
- 1+ years cloud development experience, preferably in GCP.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and practices.
- Experience with Python full stack development frameworks (Flask, Django, Dash)
- Proficiency with professional software engineering practices; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work on a small team and self-manage.
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow.
- Familiarity with Cloud networking.
- Familiarity with machine learning/computer vision techniques.
- A startup mentality and a passion for recycling, robotics, and changing the world
Physical environment / physical demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & Compensation Information: $111,000-$136,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- FTO - Flexible Time Off
- 7 company holidays