Machine Learning Engineer, Technical Content Experience
|Published||November 6, 2022|
|Location||Santa Clara, United States of America|
Are you interested in machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI)? Are you deeply curious about cloud computing? Do you like teaching others how to use technology? Have you written code examples, built ML pipelines, and contributed to open source? If so, you might be interested in a position as a Machine Learning Engineer at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
As an AWS Machine Learning Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team to produce solutions for technical content in a cross-functional, distributed environment. Amazon.com is committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace, and one of the key measures of success is how well we support the developers who use AWS products. The documentation team plays a vital role in getting our customers up and running quickly and making sure that the details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
The ideal candidate has a technical aptitude that enables effective interaction with Technical/Programmer Writers, Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. In addition, the ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver high-quality technical publications.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
- Engineer ML/AI solutions that analyze and improve the content experience
- Lead large software projects with multiple SDEs
- Provide design guidance to other SDEs and MLEs on your team
- Create Juypter notebooks that demonstrate machine learning processes and use cases
- Engineer documentation websites and build pipelines
- Write unit tests and scripts for CI/CD
About The Team
The team is part of the Customer Experience org within AWS.
- See the whole customer. We better serve customer needs by understanding their larger context and goals. We deliver content that is accessible to all.
- Earn and keep trust. Our customers can count on us. Our content is accurate, relevant, discoverable, and when appropriate, opinionated. When our docs or services are lacking in a meaningful way, we hustle to fix them.
- Advocate early, always, and unfailingly for the customer. It is our job to advocate for the customer throughout their journey. During design, development, and beyond, we speak up to ensure the best customer experience.
- Write less, say more. We favor purposeful content over comprehensive coverage. We deliver clear, concise explanations with the right level of depth for the subject and audience.
- Prioritize efficiency. We eliminate clutter in the customer experience, in our documentation, and in our processes, maximizing productivity.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or relevant work experience
- Proven experience with the Linux Operating System and its command line tools
- Several years of experience with coding in Python
- Experience fixing customer tickets, GitHub pull requests and issues, or an equivalent workflow for incident management
- Experience with cloud computing/web services or related areas
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebooks
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting
- Ability to work with peers to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Some distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks, such as XGBoost, SciKit Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch or MXNet
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,000 - 194,000/yr.; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $158,000 - 213,000/yr.; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit - provided by Dice